Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk’s Bid Board gives subcontractors in the commercial construction industry (e.g., painters, plumbers, electricians, etc.) a quick and efficient way to manage invitations to bid from general contractors. We help our customers manage millions of bidding opportunities every month, through an easy-to-use, modern web application. We are looking for our next team lead to support a team of engineers and help them take this to the next level.
- Work with a globally distributed team and with team members that are in a hybrid/remote work setting
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, Designers and key stakeholders to build release plans that deliver meaningful value to Customers
- Foster a culture that promotes Autodesk values and work-life harmony
- Educate team members on how their work aligns with organizational goals and the importance to the customer
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the teammates
- Enhance engineering efficiency by closely observing the team, identifying opportunities, and influencing improvement
- Up-skill developers to meet organizational needs as well as individual career goals
- Recruit and nurture talents into high-performing teams
- Inspire the team to find the right approach when faced with uncertainties and support teams in navigating changes
- Coordinate with others within the group and across Autodesk on engineering best practices and dependencies and advocate within the team
- Represent team’s interest and well-being; Be the spokesperson for the team and champion its accomplishments and causes with upper management and adjacent teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technology domain
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of all phases of software development lifecycle from analyzing the needs to delivery of working software
- Work with team to breakdown complex technical requirements into logical execution slices
- Excellent communication skills, ability to state complex subjects simply for a variety of audiences
- Comfortable working within a globally distributed team, and within a hybrid/remote working model
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills and aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Strong background in cloud-based web development (MERN stack preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with Customer incidents
- Experience in managing complex dependencies and associated conflicts in delivery timelines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and keep execution teams productive
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.