Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
This is a fantastic chance to have a direct impact on the productivity of hundreds while learning bleeding edge practices and technologies! You’ll be working on a brand new initiative with the opportunity to participate in developing the backbone of next generation cloud services for the Media and Entertainment industry. Our team is responsible for defining and materializing how the industry will model and structure data produced and consumed throughout various media production pipelines. As part of the Media Information Model (MIM) team, you will have the opportunity to build a cloud-based source of truth that will become the standard for the entertainment industry. MIM will allow our client to improve their efficiency by connecting production processes digitally, enable concurrent work across artists, tools, technical departments, and studios. You will also be engaging with customers to identify their needs and get constant feedback on the product. Our team is highly collaborative and you’ll have the support and guidance from other SW developers, technologists and product managers.
Location can be flexible in Eastern Canada/US cities.
- Participate in development, architecture, and implementation of the MIM Ecosystem, including but not limited to cross-platform business logic, cloud services, desktop application plugins, etc.
- Own the features you are developing, from coding to testing to delivery (A to Z development)
- Implement proper monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting tools allowing us to achieve the target SLA for all Cloud Services
- Align with teams across functions and offices to achieve successful technical design and implementation
- Address ambitious, complex engineering problems, while being aware of how to break them down in manageable work chunks
- Provide operational support for managing our cloud infrastructure
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call rotation to respond to and resolve issues affecting the availability of our Cloud Service
- Willingness to lead small agile squads through quick, iterative discovery and delivery phases
- Significant experience developing server less web applications with a NodeJS backend
- Experience developing micro-services on Cloud providers like AWS.
- Experience with testing technologies like Jenkins, Cypress, Jest, ESLint.
- Ability to understand and balance high-level concepts versus implementation details
- Being customer centric, and when required: developing empathy for the client
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, highly collaborative nature
- Good understanding of agile development principles (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Some experience with Apollo, GraphQL, Redux, CentOS, Docker
- Developing python/C++ plugins for Digital Content Creation tools like Maya, 3DSMax, Blender, or similar products
- Marked interest for the Entertainment & Media Industry, passion for developing tools for artists, TDs, producers, etc.
- Solid foundation in a full range of web technologies, from browser to server to deployment to desktop technologies
- Capacity to work alongside designers and products managers to understand, challenge, and materialize their vision will be key
- A strong full stack, backend / cloud infrastructure-oriented developer, with the willingness to get outside his area of expertise to extend his reach into artist content creation tools
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.