Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk’s Desktop Connector team is looking for a passionate Sr Software / Principal Software Engineer to join our team. Our organizational ecosystem comprises desktop applications and cloud services. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving key parts of the implementation of the desktop connector application which interacts with major Autodesk products like BIM, AutoCAD, C3D. This is an opportunity to work on applications that directly impact the millions of users of Autodesk products. You will be part of an agile engineering team of smart and highly motivated software engineers building world-class cloud software applications and services. You will work in a global organization and collaborate with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines like business, engineering, operations, support etc. You would work with the latest technologies in a flexible environment.
- Contribute to all aspects of software development from design to estimation to development and testing
- Develop, debug and build automated tests for various programming assignments
- Partner closely with product owners, software architects and other software engineers to iteratively turn high level requirements into product enhancements that are delivered to customers incrementally and continually
- Contribute to improvements in processes and deliverables that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business need
- Self-starter who can design and implement reusable and modular components that fit into existing applications and services
- 12+ years experience, designing and developing software in .Net, well versed in using design patterns and developing complex solutions
- 7+ years experience with C# and developing windows forms, WPF applications
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as dependency injection
- Experience with developing and consuming REST APIs and optimizing for performance
- Experience with multi-repo GIT code bases, profiling tools, testing frameworks, scripts, automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases and database design principles at cloud scale
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes, tools, and Agile methodologies including Kanban/Sprint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in desktop development with understanding of components involved in a desktop app like DropBox
- 2+ years’ experience with WCF and inter-process communication
- 2+ years’ experience working in industry leading cloud platforms like AWS or similar
- Experience in building, running and monitoring applications at large scale
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.