Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Passionate about writing software?
Curious about software able to cut metal, move machines, measure to micron accuracy in a manufacturing environment?
Feel energised by the idea of knowing that what you do has a direct impact on turning beautiful designs into reality?
If so come and join us at Autodesk!
Autodesk Fusion 360 Manufacturing seeks a passionate and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a team of smart and highly motivated Software Engineers who support and enhance Autodesk Fusion 360. Fusion 360 is a CAD/CAM software product that connects a company’s entire product design & development process in a single tool. Fusion 360 is a truly integrated product innovation platform, to support companies from Concept design, through Engineering, Production and Quality Assurance to managing the lifecycle of the product.
Our team works with a wide variety of manufacturing and inspection equipment, ranging from CNC milling machines to Bluetooth calipers to inspection arms to laser scanners. We write software that enables accurate measurement of parts from simple geometry to the most complex 3D free form surfaces.
You will enjoy collaborating within your team and with other teams, helping align goals and expectations. You will have a passion for crafting clean, readable code and influence others to do the same. You will be curious in your approach, with the ability to understand software at both high and low levels of detail. You will have the ability to research, collaborate, design, and execute a plan for each software challenge you face. You will play an important role in the definition and development of core technologies that make up Autodesk’s design and manufacturing products. You will be challenged to lead projects and people to create impactful functionality for the manufacturing world.
- Implement prototypes and software components
- Collaborate with a team of excellent engineers to design, plan, develop, test, deliver and maintain complex features and new subsystems
- Interact with the product owner, product management teams and experience designers to review and implement proposed designs
- Working to Agile methodologies as an active member of a scrum team
- Hands-on craftsperson with technology and code
- Senior level of software development experience
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field
- Experience with C++ development
- Experience contributing as a full-stack developer
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal technical communications skills
- Effectively manage multiple concurrent and complex responsibilities and follow through
- A willingness and desire to take initiative
- A willingness and desire to lead projects and people
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Experience working to Agile methodologies as part of a scrum team
- Experience with REACT and modern web standards
- Experience with CI/CD and tools such as Docker and Jenkins
- Experience with Git or equivalent distributed revision control systems
- Experience with mathematical algorithms
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.