Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Web Operations Analyst to join our talented Operations team. If you are a Cloud Operations engineer, we want you to join! Autodesk, the leading Design and Engineering software company, is transitioning to the cloud.
What drives you? Are you passionate about Cloud Ops, Automation and Innovation? Come work with the team and use your expertise and skills to design, build and support the platforms. You will be working closely with the enterprise application teams to ensure systems are secure, highly available and scalable. Your experience and scripting skills will help you automate scaling and management of server resources and implement code for zero-downtime deployments and to facilitate DevOps practices. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a unique individual who possesses solid Operations, deployment and automation background in cloud technologies.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams in investigating problems and provide root cause analysis during major and critical outages
- Automate the Incident remediation process using AWS microservices
- Implement Security Best-Practices to the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Automate the manual processes using suitable scripting language
- Drive and improve performance, scalability and availability of application resources
- Implement organization’s continuance delivery mechanism more effectively
- Work with internal customers to understand requirements and implement configuration changes. Should be able to debug and understand logs
- Prepare and maintain a clear documentation on organization’s infrastructure and architecture
- Optimize scaling/performance of application resources
- Carry out deployments as part of Business Flexible Releases and Infrastructure Maintenance Releases to implement application/infra enhancements for Web/Cloud hosted applications
- Implement preventative and corrective measures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, plus 5-7 years of progressive professional experience
- Minimum of three years hands-on experience with production AWS systems
- Automation and DevOps Expert
- Experience in GitHub, Jenkins and CI/CD
- Hands on experience in EC2, Dockers and Container Services, AWS Lambda, Step Functions, AWS CLI, CloudFormation, Terraform, Route53, CloudFront
- Experience in deployment and configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet
- Experience in supporting apache, tomcat, jetty or similar servers
- Effective use of Auto Scaling, Monitoring and logging
- Knowledge of AWS security features and best practices
- Experience in design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services
- Knowledge of Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability
- Strong system administration experience (Linux/Unix or Windows)
- Experience in Multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking, Templates and other configurable items to enable automation
- Understanding of monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment
- Preferred: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, dynamic and event driven environment
- Availability for shift work
- Approachable/Personable/Team Player
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.