Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Platform Services and Emerging Technologies (PSET) Technical Program Manager (TPM) role is an impactful role ensuring engineering teams achieve business outcomes. Our TPM works across the PSET domain areas to formulate and successfully deliver technical solutions, is responsiblefor complex program and initiative delivery from planning through execution, including delivery forecasting, managing risks, dependencies, and alignment with stakeholders.In this role, you will engage with cross functional teams, with other Autodesk divisions and/or outside partners/stakeholders to drive key aspects of technical solutions, strategic planning, address cross team dependencies and relationships.
- Facilitate alignment between teams, functions, divisions, and stakeholders. Drive alignment of cross organizations initiatives through OKR planning, dependency management and impediment removal. Demonstrate expert understanding and application of OKR practice value and principles by continuously refining guidance and process to facilitate team discussions
- Manage Stakeholders and Communications. Work with key stakeholders from executive teams, architects, and product management to shape strategy and requirements. Serve as communication focal point on complex programs and initiative, with other Autodesk teams and divisions leadership. Regularly provide both executive and team level status reporting on initiative status, risks, and achievements
- Plan and ensure delivery. Engage with engineering leadership and teams to build clear delivery plans. During theexecution phase,where multiple cycles of sprints are tracked across several engineering teams, inspect, continuously refine the plan, and communicate frequently to stakeholders about progress against goals. Focus on impediment removal by supporting engineering teams with exception handling. Drives risk identification and mitigation analysis to address potential roadblocks, reduce waste, optimize delivery, and improve team satisfaction of the delivery process. Lead cross functional development team efforts on providing technical solutions from design through delivery. Drive automation of delivery processes that span across the design, development, and operations to create transparency and a single source of truth
- Be an agent of change. Drive continuous improvement and our science based, Kaizen culture by leading change through retrospectives and “lessons learned”
- 5+ years’ experience working directly with engineering teams on highly complex initiatives involving multiple teams, in a fast-paced environment, using Agile methodologies
- 3-5 years’ experience as a technical: Program Manager, Product Manager, Software Architect or similar like role
- Demonstrable knowledge in systems/cloud services, and cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) – a must
- Good technical background and aptitude, detailed driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience
- Zeal for process and operational excellence
- Desire to continue to learn and challenge yourself
- Outstanding relationship-building, and influencing skills
- Ability to leverage technical tools to scale programs and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or Computer Science or a related field
The Ideal Candidate
- You possess solid technical expertise and business acumen, the ability to impart a sense of urgency and influence your leaders and peers
- Are proactive in stakeholder management and establishing relationship with customers
- Enjoy operating as ‘equal partners’ with engineering, Architects, Product Managers, Experience Designers and Product Owners
- An Agile practitioner with expertise in supporting and enabling self-organizing engineering teams
- Are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.