Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk, we believe in creating an environment that enables our people to thrive and realize their potential – and by extension, help our customers to achieve better outcomes for their products, their businesses, and the world. Helping our people shape the world and their futures. We have been on exciting transformation journey within Learning & Organization Development and are looking for a passionate Talent thought leader to lead the evolution of our talent eco-system.
As the Sr. Director, Global Talent Management & Senior Leader Development, your focus will be the evolution of the entire talent eco-system and the development of Autodesk’s Senior leadership cohort. You will re-imagine and lead Autodesk’s talent management function, including performance management, talent review, succession planning, skills strategy, and career development. In addition, you will design and deliver programs in support of our executive talent, including executive development, coaching, leadership assessments, individualized development plans for key successors, pipeline analysis and meetings/workshops that drive performance of the Senior Leadership team.
You will be passionate about delivering innovative talent strategies, tools and processes that will drive business forward, enable our employees to thrive and focus on identifying critical skills that will build a strong leadership bench. Your overall goal will be to enable short-term and long-term strategic objectives by developing and retaining the best talent that will empower our organization and contribute to Autodesk’s overall success. Reporting into the VP of Culture, Diversity & Talent Development, you will be responsible for leading a small team that will provide strategic direction, subject matter expertise, as well as program execution of initiatives.
This role is open to remote in the United States.
- Re-imagine Autodesk’s talent eco-system, that includes all aspects of talent management including performance management, succession planning, skills strategy, and career development
- Design and deliver a cutting-edge leadership development program for Directors and above
- Engage Autodesk’s Senior Leadership cohort of approximately 100 leaders, including but not limited to planning quarterly leadership calls, cohort-based learning, and our annual Sr. Leader Annual Meeting (SLAM)
- Lead a talent management and executive development team that will execute on Autodesk’s talent management strategy
- Build and lead an enterprise-wide talent review process to ensure a consistent bench of talent is in place for senior leadership and other priority areas across Autodesk
- Develop and build enterprise consensus around the creation, delivery and evaluation of strategies & tools related to developing high potential leadership talent
- Lead with a user-centered design perspective with the ability to problem solve from a product mindset with agility at the core
- Influence business leaders by building of trust and inclusivity, strategic framing of issues leveraging increased use of data, and balancing excellent decision making with measured speed of implementation
- Contribute to a culture where learning, coaching and delivering consistent feedback lead to positive impact and results. Architect and drive an ongoing “talent dialogue” with leaders
- Continuously explore ways for Autodesk’s talent planning approach to be more ground-breaking while striving for efficiency, effectiveness and agility
- Research, analyze and make recommendations for new technologies and solutions in the space of talent management
- Partner closely with COE colleagues as well as HRBP’s and People Consultants to develop an integrated approach to talent initiatives such as hiring, career, mobility, succession planning and ongoing development
- Cultivate and embed new mindsets and behaviors that integrate the Autodesk’s Culture Code into our talent programs
- Create the space for our talent management approach to be the vanguard for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Masters degree preferredwith a focus in Organization Development, HR, or related field
- 15 years of Talent Management, Organization Development, Leadership Development and/or Human Resources related experience
- 8+ years of people management experience
- You possess the ability to influence across functions, geographies and levels, and the ability to work with various stakeholders and teams to drive alignment and collaboration
- You are an innovative self-starter and enable that mindset in the teams you lead
- Strong point of view and experience in applying the lens of equity, inclusion, and diversity across the employee lifecycle including processes, programs, and products
- Meaningful problem-solving skills with strategic knowledge about next generation talent tools required
The Ideal Candidate
- A strategic partner: you can comprehensively understand the business strategy and connect it to a talent strategy and future talent needs
- A true Talent thought leader energized by innovation and challenges assumptions and norms
- A deep subject matter expert and leader in the areas of talent, leadership and culture and have been using talent metrics to create talent planning programs that drive business outcomes
- Experienced leveraging contemporary talent management frameworks, practices and tools, in addition to using innovative learning models and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in outstanding, business-focused HR functions and had success applying your expertise to generate consensus and trust at senior levels to provide effective counsel and influence decision-making
- You are an exceptionally strong collaborator on a global fast-paced scale, across dispersed teams, using technology and change management to continuously optimize efficiencies and push the boundaries of what is possible
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.