Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk’sDesign and Engineeringinnovativesoftwareenable Designers and Engineers to imagine, design, and create the world around us: cars, buildings, bridges, movies, clothes, 3D printed objects and so much more. We provide our customers witha broad portfolio of software to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. Autodesk’s cloud transformation is revolutionizing our industry, enabling Designers and Engineers to collaborate from anywhere on any device.
AutoCAD, the leading software for Computer-Aided Design, is seeking an experienced and results-driven Software Development Manager leading a top-notch team to build and support the entire cloud services ecosystem for our various products and services.
As a Software Development Manager, you will manage a team of top-notch engineers responsible of backend cloud solutions and infrastructure for the multi-platform AutoCAD application that serves millions of users.
- Recruit, train, manage, motivate, and grow a talented, highly productive, shared responsibility team.
- Lead, motivate, coach and build a world-class engineering team that is dynamic, self-driven and autonomous
- Provide technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the engineering output of the team
- Collaborate closely with product management, product engineering, software architect, experience designer and other cross-functional cross-geo partners in delivering world class solutions to business problems
- Manage project deliverables and risks, predicting impacts, avoiding derailments & pursuing actions with calculated risks
- Build a culture of engineering excellence and continuous improvement with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Bachelor or Master’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years industry experience in software design & development with 5+ years’ experience as a software development manager
- 5+ years’ experience in application backend development, preferably Python / Django
- 3+ years’ experience industry experience in a hands-on DevOps role and relevant tools & practices, e.g. AWS, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, configuration management, etc.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to create autonomous teams with clear accountability
- Proven technical leadership skills, proven ability to coach others. Abilities to lead and influence up, down, and across the organization
- Demonstrates mature judgment when making engineering decisions, and can reliably make the call between elegant and practical solutions
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum and Test Driven Development
- Excellent communication and consensus building abilities in a complex global organization
- Successfully delivered and operated backend services on public cloud infrastructure over multi-year and multi-release cycles
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.