Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As the Automation Engineer, you will be part of the Tools and Automations team within Autodesk’s Enterprise Delivery Center (EDC). EDC is instrumental in enabling global IT infrastructure by detecting and addressing failures across Autodesk’s internal applications. We are more focused on bringing more automations, seamless DevOps experience, and AI to existing processes which helps the continuous service delivery of EDC. Our team has a lot of visibility and the impact of our work can be directly related to business results. We value the culture in our team and at Autodesk in general, we take pride in our diversity in the global team and how we work and talk with each another. Your role is to identify, design, and deliver automations that add more productivity hours to the Operations team.
- Identify and collect automation requirements and devise the best approach to develop and deliver the automation.
- Adopt different automation tools, languages, and methodologies based on the need.
- Be creative by leveraging the technologies to propose, design and deliver impactful automation solutions for business problems.
- Explore more deployment, release, service, process, and incident automation practices and improve the overall solution design.
- Take ownership of issues around the automated environment and provide end-to-end solution.
- Summarize, visualize, and communicate the automation benefits in a clear and concise business language.
- Automate IT Processes, infrastructure provisioning, integration between different infrastructure servers etc.
- Maintain a good analytical mindset for problem-solving under stress and time pressure.
- Partner closely with application owners, operations engineers etc., to transform more tasks into meaningful automations
- Contribute to defining standards and best practices of automation across various methodologies adopted.
- A self-motivated industry-ready fresher with good exposure towards trending technologies like Automation, Cloud (AWS Preferred), APIs, Python, Chat Bots, etc.
- Good scripting knowledge in Python, Familiarity in other scripting and programming language is a plus.
- Good knowledge of REST APIs, dealing with JSON, YAML config files are mandatory.
- Hands-on automation development will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Docker containers and the Kubernetes environment will be a plus.
- Good knowledge of OS platforms – Windows & Linux.
- Have good verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical communication.
- Have good experience creating flow diagrams and presentations (PPT).
- Exposure to IT operations will be an added advantage.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with its radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. Its disrupting every industry; architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers, and architects to digital scientists, students, and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.