Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for an attorney to join our legal team and support our M&A and integration activities. We are a highly visible, impactful and close-knit team that has closed over 160 acquisitions and strategic investments in the past decade and has led legal integrations of acquired companies across the globe (including US, UK, India, Norway, Croatia, New Zealand, Portugal & Australia). What will the next five years look like? Join us and have a hand in shaping it. You’ll be at the center of Autodesk’s continued transformation, with a direct connection between your activities and the future of the Autodesk business. This is a rare and unique opportunity to join an impactful company and play a key role in helping to execute on its strategic decisions.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
- Advising on all of our M&A activities, including acquisitions and divestitures, equity investments, joint ventures, mergers and other strategic transactions
- Working closely with Corporate Development and other functional groups in all stages of strategic transactions, including structuring transactions, drafting letters of interest and term sheets, managing deal processes, performing due diligence, negotiating definitive documentation, assisting on regulatory filings and closing deals
- Managing post-closing integrations
- Driving continuous improvements, scalability and operational excellence in deal and integration processes and execution
- Regular benchmarking of transaction terms and integration processes
- Managing outside counsel
- Preparing playbooks and driving more efficient and innovative processes for the M&A and integration teams
- Assisting members of the corporate legal team on other high priority tasks and matters, including financing, executive compensation and sustainability initiatives
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice in California, or the ability to apply for California’s Registered In-House Counsel
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, including 4+ years of M&A work at a major law firm; in-house experience preferred
- Prior experience working on technology and cross border transactions, including investments
- Experience supporting multinational companies with international business operations
- Able to identify and analyze legal issues and draft key documents
- Pragmatic business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give clear and practical recommendations/alternatives
- Able to participate in developing company, department and team strategic and operational goals, and work closely with business units in their operational execution
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and take on additional projects as necessary
- Strong negotiating and communication skills and an ability to handle interactions with varied types of business groups
- Excellent project management skills required; experience with managing stakeholders outside of your reporting lines is important
- Ability to work under significant pressure and retain a sense of humor; strong sense of accountability and inclusivity a must
- Willingness and ability to travel
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.