Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is helping designers and engineers, in a rapidly changing industry landscape, look at and solve their everyday problems differently than they did yesterday. We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer with passion for crafting simple solutions for complex problems.
We’re seeking an interaction designer for web-based business applications with extensive interface design and prototyping experience and familiarity with the manufacturing and data management domain. We are seeking futurists, creative thinkers, and self-motivated team players. This is an exciting opportunity to join Autodesk’s ground-breaking solution teams and challenge conventional thinking while creating experiences customers will absolutely love.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will drive and develop innovative enhancements to Autodesk’s portfolio of web-based design and business applications. We’re looking for a visually articulate designer capable of communicating their ideas through compelling low and high-fidelity illustrations that integrate textual descriptions seamlessly.You will work closely with several different cross-functional teams includingsoftware developers, product managers, and software architects. You will be responsible for creating compelling artifacts (wireframes, concept designs, storyboards, graphic design) in a web and mobile environment and creating world-class, engaging business software.
Candidates must include resume and portfolio with password when applying.
- Conceive, build, and present high-quality interactive web-based experiences that engage users and help drive business value to customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business workflows, interaction design, and artifacts to drive scrum team development
- Create professional quality graphics and presentations paying equal attention to layout and functional integration
- Conceive and drive the development of concepts and prototypes that exhibit new interactions for various components of Autodesk’s web applications.
- Work with engineering and user research to finalize designs based on concepts and prototyping techniques to gain early feedback from customers
- Facilitate design thinking sessions using discovery, analysis, and ideation techniques that explore a wide range of possibilities
- Ensure that customers are engaged for feedback and iteration
- Produce user-facing technical writing techniques that promote learning and be seamlessly integrated into the overall design plan
- Partner with fellow designers to drive and promote design thinking principles and collaborate/iterate across functions to bring vision and strategy to fruition
- Collaborate with team and others through use of excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- 5+ years applied experience in interaction design for web applications
- Visual/graphic design (including professional portfolio)
- Strong understanding of technical and user experience aspects of cloud technologies
- Strong understanding of business processes – managing workflows, development tasks (e.g. Agile), and project milestones
- Demonstrable understanding of visual and user interface design disciplines and principles
- Proficiency with various discipline design tools (Adobe CC, Figma, balsamiq, Sketch, etc.)
- Critical eye and attention to detail
- Ability to create high-fidelity prototypes and layouts for design reviews and feedback loops
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Passion for great design and exceptional eye for detail
- Driver of business goals, desirable experiences, and a propensity for product management and business requirements to help focus on priorities
- Knowledge and experience with design and manufacturing technology
- Knowledge and experience with CAD software, Product Data management (PDM) and/or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software
- Strong Experience in web design
- Experience with mobile design is a plus
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.