Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As we transition from a world of desktop products to that of products powered by cloud services, we’re building our core underlying cloud fabric and kernel that is comprised of massively scalable, always-on, globally-deployed cloud infrastructure services that underpin our customer facing systems. Engineers across product teams at Autodesk, utilize our kernel services to build our next generation of rich customer experiences.Does automation and fast paced environment excite you? Do you thrive on building resilient systems – Do you have a passion for uptime?
We are seeking a highly motivated, seasoned engineer to help build out Autodesk’s worldwide data infrastructure. You will be part of a team that builds, designs and deploys data platform that will enable granular exchange of data between Autodesk products and third party applications.The successful candidate has a strong sense of ownership and is able to drive projects through completion. They are well versed in modern automation frameworks that will be used to build supportive services used by our internal customer base.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Hands on software development for products that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
- Write code that is tested, readable, and maintainable
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Automate processes were possible and create new technologies when needed.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support production systems
- Great team player !
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2+ years of total experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C#, Go or Typescript, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
- Strong coding and problem-solving skills.
- Experience consuming, designing, and implementing REST APIs
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests
- Strong demonstrated skills in implementing and deploying high volume and highly scalable services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Strong skills and experience with programming, design, and architecture, and familiarity/experience with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and describe product strategy, technical designs, and software product features.
- Experience in full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.