Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Reporting to the Director of Design Operations, the Senior Program Manager in Experience Design & Analytics will support the Experience Design Platform team within the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) Design software division. The program manager will work on a combination of team operations and special projects for a Sr. Director of Design accountable for the AEC Cloud Information Model and Product Data experience, the AutoCAD Family Product Organization, and User Experience Research for the division.
Our ideal candidate will be a critical thinker and a proactive problem solver. They will be a lifelong learner who embraces challenge, who is comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to changing priorities. They should exhibit sound judgement and an ability to identify new and improved processes for accomplishing program goals when necessary. This is a unique role that requires strategic thinking and problem solving combined with a willingness and ability to execute the details with a “do whatever it takes” mentality. Success in this role is measured by the ability to create structured solutions and plans and execute multiple projects on time, to budget and to high quality.
Prefer candidates in Portland for hybrid/remote, but open to west coast candidates working remotely.
- Plan and organize team engagements to ensure leaders’ time is spent wisely. This includes organizing team meetings and communications to keep team members informed and engaged, effectively facilitating meetings, and establishing smart processes. You will be responsible for these engagements thinking about it on three levels: what the principal leader needs to be successful, how best to enable success with the leadership team, and how to drive these operations across the larger team that includes individual contributors
- Support team members and establish healthy, collaborative relationships. Maintain enthusiasm, energy and focus on a variety of circumstances. Translate purpose and vision into clear goals for the team. Make sure every team member is on board and moving in the right direction
- Interface with various functional groups, program/project teams and other stakeholders around the company to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers to program success. Implement and improve procedures and processes to optimize program effectiveness
- Manage specific programs/projects that may have a distinct beginning and end, or they may span across many years. Develop and maintain project plans and schedule. Assist team members in planning, estimating, and controlling tasks. Perform critical path analysis and develop action plans to mitigate risk. Identify and implement alternative solutions. Deliver a variety of presentations in support of the program objectives
- Monitor program to ensure completion within defined schedule, budget, and quality parameters. Prepare and distribute various reports and updates on the status of the program to various audiences, including executive management, functional management
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders to ensure satisfaction with program management services and deliverables. Work proactively to resolve critical issues. Develop strong relationships and maintain effective communication channels. Serve as internal spokesperson for the programs. Plan content and deliver internal and external program communications to the appropriate audience through various channels
- Ensure clear and consistent information is distributed to stakeholders. Define content of program, both internal and external to ensure consistent and accurate messaging
- Analyze program metrics and trends to evaluate success of overall program. Anticipate potential issues and implement appropriate remedies
- 8+ years’ project management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and they must understand the software product development cycle
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on the development and execution of complex program/project plans to solve problems and drive results
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks to get the job done
- Experience leading a team to achieve project deliverables within cost/ schedule constraints and to high customer satisfaction
- Experience building and maintaining project plans, schedules, and project control tools utilizing standard PM software
- Ability to anticipate, understand and actively mitigate project risks
- Strong writing, reporting, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.