Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Security @ Autodesk
Our team of security experts helps Autodesk design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are embedding security in the full spectrum of how we build our products from inception, design, development, testing to how we are running them in the cloud as well as how we are responding to any existing or emerging threats to our products or the building blocks of our products and services. Our job is to be one step ahead of the bad guys and use expertise, technology and other resources to thwart their efforts to compromise our products and the environment in which they operate. Our team keeps a single-minded focus on protecting our customer’s data and their investment in our products by strengthening our applications, underlying services and network.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager for our Application Security Engineering team. You will manage a team of software engineers responsible for building and delivering innovative solutions into our common platform. As an ideal candidate, you have managed teams developing modern cloud services, especially in a fast-paced, agile environment. You know how to build and guide highly effective and high-performing teams, while inspiring them to remain at the cutting edge. You excel at both mentoring junior software engineers and guiding more senior engineers.
Our Application Security Engineering team is focused on designing, developing, and operating security solutions that are delivered to thousands of engineers across Autodesk. Ideal candidates will have a passion for security (e.g. product security, cloud security, etc.), with a drive to make security simpler for everyone. Prior security experience is not required.
This position is based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers.
- Provide site management and oversight for the application security engineering team presence in Dublin.
- Provide insight, feedback, and recommendations to senior management regarding the development, capabilities, and potential of current and future software projects
- Identify efficiency opportunities through automation, engineering, etc.
- Work closely with partners to drive towards a common vision
- Provide guidance to achieve a high software engineering standard, including quality, security, resiliency, etc.
- Aid in the design and building of solutions, frameworks, automation, and orchestration for a broad range of applications and infrastructures, including cloud services, mobile, and desktop
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Hire, manage, and develop a professional staff of engineers
- Work with a geographically dispersed team and stakeholders.
- Relevant industry experience, with hands-on technical experience and people management experience
- Experience working with remote teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience in an engineering or technical role delivering software solutions
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing stacks at the SaaS, PaaS and IaaS layers
- Advanced knowledge of public cloud service platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong hands-on experience with key technologies and tools, such as Python, Node.js, Go, React, and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- Proactive and excellent communication and written skills
- Proven ability to resolve complex and ambiguous issues
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.