Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Do you want to help digital teams’ decision with data across the entire customer ecosystem? Do you enjoy working with large datasets to derive insights and answer business questions? Do you seek clarity amongst complexity to answer business questions and naturally turn to automation, AI and machine learning to solve some of these complex business insight opportunities? If so, this job is for you.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be thrust into the world of digital marketing and working with a variety of customer, web and transactional data insights across the entire company and customer ecosystem. You will pioneer new ways of looking at the digital business and uncover its influence on non-digital traditional channel-based resellers. Digital is where all customers (B2B or B2C) will eventually be- so you will help glean, automate and even predict trends. You will play a key role in determining next stage iterations on global digital strategy, product positioning, company trends, testing, go-to-market tactics, and more. You will look at data analysis from the lens of decision-making to turn data into context-specific, objective insights. This role involves the interdisciplinary application of business strategy, analytics, technology, design thinking and behavioral/data sciences.This is an incredible opportunity for an analytical, data-centered thinker to enter the world of digital marketing and be part of a team that is leading the creation of a center of digital marketing excellence.
- Translate sophisticated business problem statements into analysis requirements and work with internal customers to define data product details based on expressed stakeholder or team needs
- Document systems/analytics solutions to the business, translating sophisticated functionality into business relevant language
- Independently support end-to-end analysis to advise digital strategy, data connectivity insights, and reporting decisions
- Drive the solving of sophisticated data problems using analytical and statistical rigor
- Develop SQL queries and data visualizations to fulfill ad-hoc analysis requests and ongoing reporting needs leveraging standard query syntax
- Thoroughly document data architecture solutions, business requirements, training material, and business processes for both business and technical audiences
- Validate data integrity within back-end data assets and data products supporting accurate and consistent reporting and analytics.
- Serve as domain authority on data and business processes within the area of focus
- Maintain existing customer insights dashboards leveraging data inside the database
- Undergraduate degree in analytics, business statistics, computer science, or another quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience in technical data science role, preferably with exposure to digital marketing
- 4+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis to drive and validate analytics solution requirements
- Working understanding of best design and implementation practices in data visualization tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, PowerBI/
- Proficiency with relational data modeling, advanced SQL, R and/or Python (or similar)
- Experience with advanced data analysis via statistical modeling.
- Experience translating business objectives and questions into data architecture, critical metrics, and reporting
- Experience with statistical packages such as PYTHON, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata
- Expertise in data warehousing, dimensional modeling
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and technology landscape as it pertains to business strategy, including data management platforms, web analytics, attribution, sales forecasting, and understanding of how various digital channels work
- Exposure to online conversion optimization and UX principles
- Ideal candidate is analytical but possesses the skills to translate insights and technical concepts into simple business strategies and requirements for all levels of leadership
- Entrepreneurial/analytical mindset and hands-on approach to drive digital strategy forward
- Effective time management, initiative, and communication skills
- Humble, inclusive thinker who seeks diverse perspectives
- Unafraid to try new things or challenge the status quo
- Endlessly committed to improving the experience for customers and prospects
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.