Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk has an exciting opportunity within Customer Success for a position focused on helping our Customers adopt our Advanced Manufacturing products and processes. Autodesk’s key products in this Industry segment are PowerMill, PowerShape, FeatureCam and PowerInspect.
As a Business Consultant, you will be a strong strategic thinker with broad knowledge across an industry/sub-industry domain and its predominant technologies. Your expert facilitation skills and sharp business acumen will guide customers as they shape their vision in the context of industry trends, emerging technologies, and their desired business goals. You will work closely with our customers’ senior leadership to develop their digital strategy and define criteria for success, assess current process and project performance, create business value justification for initiatives, and prepare to implement solutions that produce meaningful business results.
Location is Remote anywhere in North America.
- Counsel customers on strategic transformation and innovation initiatives
- Provide cross-industry insight and thought leadership
- Translate vision and disruptive trends into business outcomes
- General understanding of Autodesk Industry Vision and Solutions
- Work closely with the customer at the executive and senior business leader level to understand their vision
- Understand, document, and communicate customer business goals & processes
- Recommend options and best approaches to achieve customer solution objectives, collaborating where needed with the Solution Architect, other consultants and other Autodesk stakeholders to prepare and present solutions to customers
- Help prepare, review and manage high quality deliverable documents including proposals, business assessments and recommendations, business process analysis and workflow documentation
- Help develop a realistic and pragmatic plan considering alternative scenarios
- Identify risks and opportunities to succeed leveraging Autodesk Solutions
- Advise in project cost estimating, delivery methodology and work breakdown tasks of proposed solutions
- Facilitate efficient decision-making processes and issue resolution
- Balance implementation objectives with current capabilities
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations and identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Become established as an industry thought leader through identifying, creating, and promoting compelling insights related to area of expertise
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or Equivalent
- Experienced user of Autodesk Manufacturing products (PowerMill, PowerShape, PowerInspect, FeatureCam, including Post Processor development) and CAD products (Inventor, Fusion, AutoCAD)
- Strong background with CNC machines preferably Milling 5 axis and Turning machines as well as 7 axis in parallel ( or even 11 axis, …)
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing Automation requirements, processes, and associated software systems (AMAU)
- Software Development skills
- Excellent Facilitation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex technical details logically, build relationships, and influence others
- Strong customer service skills including video communications and conflict resolution
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to define plausible solution definitions based on product and industry expertise
- Ability to lead Customers in consulting engagements
- Proven record of seamless execution of complex projects
- Ability to present technical information to a live or virtual audience
- Ability to set priorities of various assignments and complete them within allocated deadlines with little or no supervision
- Excellent team player supporting and interacting with other members of a shared responsibility team
- Self-motivated and proactive, possessing strong desire to learn
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning and strategic skills
Target Pay for this Position (Colorado):144K
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.