Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for a developer to join the Arnold plugins team, focusing on the 3ds Max integration. You will be developing, improving, and supporting Arnold for 3ds Max. A deep knowledge of 3ds Max will enable you to provide a tight, native integration while empowering the users with the ease of use and performance of Arnold. You will also coordinate with the 3ds Max teamandthe other Arnold plugin developers to maintain interoperability and user experience coherence.
You’ll collaborate with the dedicated Arnold support team to communicate with users about challenging production issues and workflow problems, and review user feedback to proactively implement new features, improve performance, and streamline workflows. Lastly, you will also collaborate with our UX team to improve our documentation and tutorials.
This position can be remote or hybrid with lots of flexibility to work from home.
- Contribute to the development of the Arnold For 3ds Max pluginhttps://docs.arnoldrenderer.com/display/A5AF3DSUG
- Integrate Arnold core features in the plugin
- Support and integrate new 3ds Max features
- Build and release the Arnold for 3ds Max plugin for multiple versions of 3ds Max
- Write robust, readable, maintainable, and extensible code
- Implement or improve core plugin features, such as interactive rendering
- Develop Arnold shaders and procedurals
- Refactor legacy code. Produce both unit tests and developer documentation for any new code
- Debug and profile existing subsystems, identify problem areas in the code, provide both quick temporary workarounds and high-quality, lasting solutions as needed
- Debug production scenes and communicate findings and workarounds with both customers and other developers
- Excellent C/C++ and Python programming, debugging and profiling skills
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a developer
- Experience with 3ds Max, and the 3ds Max API
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Team player attitude
- Demonstrates agility and able to work within geographically dispersed teams
- Good understanding of computer graphics
- Experience writing shaders
- Experience with Arnold and/or another production renderer
- Experience with DCCs such as Maya, Houdini, C4D, Katana and their C++ and Python API
- Production experience in visualization, animation or VFX
- Experience with Git
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.