Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk has an exciting opportunity within our Customer Success Organization for a position focused on helping our customers build innovative web solutions to transform their business.
Autodesk is looking for a Technical Consultant (Frontend Developer) who is an innovative futurist, a creative thinker, a supportive mentor, a self-motivated team player, and a skilled SCRUM team member all rolled into one. You will play a key role in helping our customers to build their future digital platforms on to of Autodesk’s Cloud services.
- Work with customers and colleagues to help them build web-based solutions
- Produce written documentation of solutions and development activities
- Develop and configure web front end solutions on top of Autodesk Forge and Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS platforms
- Establish credibility with clients and build problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues
- Contribute to Autodesk IP and assets through methods development and sales collateral
- Lead training and adoption efforts for customers
- Occasional travel might be required
- Experience in Agile Software Development practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.)
- Strong Experience with REST API / Web API consumption, integration using service oriented Architecture. Experience with Autodesk’s Forge platform is a plus
- Extensive experience working with front end web frameworks, ideally Angular
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through appropriate communication both internally and externally in a multinational ecosystem
- Good skills in resolving customer problems with an “out of the box” and a “can do” approach
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors, and peers. This includes the ability to assess customer needs and generate appropriate solutions to problems or identified needs
- Knowledge of and ability to consult on the development and delivery of new or enhanced web applications
- Knowledge of and experience in constructing software or systems in line with product requirements
- Experience in professional-grade practices related to testing (unit testing, end-to-end testing and test-driven development experience)
- Experience in developing software based on Agile frameworks (SAFE, Scrum@Scale, etc)
- Knowledge of concepts and philosophies regarding the design and deployment of information technologies and associated architectural concepts, principles, and tools
- Ability to document and design current state of the art requirements related to the front end
- Experience with customization of Autodesk’s Product Portfolio is a plus
- Proven ability to design, develop and test workflows for and implement practical business solutions
- Experience with Autodesk Forge, BIM 360, Fusion 360, AutoCAD®, Revit®, Inventor® or other products of Autodesk’s Portfolio is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in architecture, engineering, computer science, or related degree. Advanced degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) would be a plus
- Graduate level applications are welcome
The Ideal Candidate
- Speed: We strive to move as fast as our environment allows, empowering people to favor small sprints and course correction towards desired outcomes
- Simplicity: Having an approach and mindset to avoid unnecessary complexity and duplication; keeping things simple to achieve quicker outcomes and always keeping the big picture in mind
- Innovation: Collaborating effectively with a variety of sources to learn new ways of solving problems and keeps an eye on changes in business and technology
- Impact: Using know how to identify solutions that add value and result in a positive impact on others. Focusing on the final outcomes when making incremental steps of progress and connecting own efforts with the why of the work
- Pragmatism: Applying extra attention to tasks that require it and focusing work efforts on producing quality solutions over perfect ones
You should apply even if you don’t feel that your credentials are a 100% match with the position description – we are looking for relevant skills and attributes, not a checklist of experience that exactly matches the position itself.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.