Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Please note, this role can be located anywhere in the US.
Forge Graphics Team at Autodesk is seeking a Software Engineer with experience in graphics, SaaS and data visualization and a passion for building the next generation web visualization platform for design and make data. As a graphics domain expert on this team, you will closely work with the software developers building the cloud platform and collaborate with graphics experts working on various products across the company.
- Making a significant contribution to the design, architecture and implementation of next-generation Saas-based web graphics platform meant for 2D/3D rendering applications
- Adding new capabilities to the 2D/3D web visualization component
- Collaborating with internal teams, external partners and contribute to graphics open source initiatives
- Writing functional requirement documents and developer user guides
- Understand, embrace and promote agile methodologies, principles and values within the team
- Writing and maintaining the code following engineering best practices (Test-Driven-Development principles, Secure coding practices, CI/CD)
- 3+ years’ extensive knowledge of SaaS architectures and data visualization principles
- Good at algorithms and passionate about solving Web Graphics related problems
- Excellent understanding of Design Patterns and Object-Oriented development
- Excellent oral and written communication with cross-functional stakeholders and teammates
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ extensive knowledge of WebGL, 3D web ecosystem (Three.js or Babylon.js), modern rendering APIs (Vulkan/DirectX 12/Metal/WebGPU/OpenGL) and shading languages like GLSL/HLSL/MetalSL
- Experience in developing 3D web/desktop graphics applications
- Experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge in designing, delivering, and maintaining a public SDK, API or RESTful service
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Prior contributions to open-source projects in the graphics domain
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.