Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Do you thrive in an environment where you are responsible for creating order and consistency that drives real impact? Are you passionate about improving experiences for developers?
Autodesk’s platform team designs the API’s, services and infrastructure that our customers, who are external developers, use to extend the capabilities of Autodesk’s design and make software. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key driver of Autodesk’s platform by helping us achieve the goal of serving our external developers with clear UX and consistent Information Architecture. You’ll collaborate with other designers, writers, product owners and engineers who are passionate about making the experience of developing with Autodesk technology smooth and delightful. Our team has a strong culture of collaboration, mentorship, practice excellence and individual attention to your career growth and impact.As the Senior Content Designer/Tech Writer for the Developer Ecosystem team, your work will focus on consolidating and improving wayfinding for external developer content throughout the Discover-Evaluate-Learn-Build-Manage-Contribute journey. Currently, developer content from tutorials, support and API consumption pricing is scattered across several different properties and channels. This role will focus on consolidating developer content with clear publishing guidelines and ownership models so that our external developers are set up for success.
To be considered, you must apply and include your resume and portfolio with password if required for access.
- Partner with Senior XD and Product Manager to drive the strategic direction for how external developers find the learning content, marketing content and technical content they need to build solutions using Autodesk APIs
- Create and communicate a cohesive Information Architecture that describes specific short-term/ long-term tasks, actions and goals for external developers including mental models and interoperability with other company products and visual design directions
- Craft documentation, guides, and tutorials to help external developers succeed in their tasks when onboarding and running services on Autodesk’s platform
- Design technical documentation using text, diagrams, illustrations, and/or prototypes to support the implementation of design proposals
- Offer a content design and learning perspective throughout the product development process, influencing strategic decisions across products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency
- Help ensure consistent use of terminology and patterns internally, between Autodesk APIs, and with third party APIs
- Contribute to build taxonomies and glossaries to keep terminology aligned across the company and industries
- Practice Product Discovery thinking to help shape the problem to be solved
- Join a team of designers, writers, product managers, and developers to improve navigation and discoverability of our products, giving our developers a consistent, cohesive, awesome learning experience
- Understanding of APIs, Web Development and Developer Workflows is required
- Experience working as part of a team to create content design standards, frameworks, and a style guide to help us scale
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems and drive projects to completion. Comfort with ambiguity. A healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Experience embedding with engineers and designers
- Experience with Agile or Kanban methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, computer science or other related focus
- Familiarity with Swagger/OpenAPI, Stoplight, Postman,cURL, Git
- Knowledge of one or more of Node.js, .NET Framework, .NET Core, GO, PHP, Java
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.