Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk’s Bidding Document Control, we provide general contractors and subcontractors with solutions to the construction paper problem, at the bidding phase. We are currently focused on unifying the bidding experience with Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC). Our team consists of both remote and local (Bay Area) members.
Our team is looking for a Full-Stack Principal Engineer who likes working in Node.js and React, enjoys helping other team members grow, and has a strong focus on customer experience. This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly team and make a big impact on a product that is a critical part of the construction workflow! As a Principal Engineer on the team, you will provide Technical Leadership to other developers on the team, while also contributing to the development of some exciting new solutions to our BCPro and BidBoard applications. You will be involved with all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most reliable, secure, performant and high throughput service for our customers by leveraging cutting-edge cloud technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong leadership and communication skills, and proven experience as a senior developer on a scrum team.
- Work collaboratively on an Agile scrumteam and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design, resulting in a straightforward solution and reduced complexity
- Partner closely with product managers, UI designers, software architects and other stakeholders to iteratively turn high level requirements into product enhancements that are delivered to customers incrementally and continually
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices
- Collaborate with peer organizations, DevOps, Support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
- Practice continuous learning and actively participate in knowledge-sharing sessions as a presenter and as an attendee
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Will be part of an agile product team of smart and highly motivated engineers building world-class cloud software applications and services
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years hands-on experience developing scalable, customer facing Web and Software applications
- Strong hands-on experience working with frameworks like AWS Serverless, node.js, and React or similar frameworks and a variety of databases such as MongoDB and Postgres
- You have a deep understanding of object-oriented design and at least one modern backend framework
- You write clean, testable and effective code
- Work with latest technologies in a flexible environment
- Work in a global team and collaborate with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines like business, engineering, operations, support etc.
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (i.e. Lambda, CloudFormation, SAM, EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, etc.), node.js and React
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys designing & implementing highly scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Writes clean, testable, effective code and help others do it too –
- Solid knowledge of popular JS frameworks and libraries (NodeJS, Express, SAM, React, Angular etc.)
- Holds yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture and implementation)
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving business problems using these technologies
- Working on teams developing modern cloud based services, in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Knows how to build and guide highly effective and high-performing teams, while inspiring them to remain at the cutting edge
- Multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues across different time zones which may require limited work outside normal working hours
Remote work allowed
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling company/ies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle – from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations – with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.