Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Technical Support Specialist – Civil 3D
Office location: Boston, Montreal
Actively engage with Autodesk customers from the Engineering, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure (ENI) community by providing solutions, direction, and general troubleshooting.
What is this position about?
Reporting to a Technical Support Manager, you are responsible for resolving customer issues reported to us via phone, chat, web, online forums, and other channels. In addition to reacting to customer issues, you may also engage in a variety of proactive support activities; developing and presenting webinars, hosting Q&A sessions on our online communities, and publishing technical articles in the Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN).
What will you do?
- Respond to support requests via multiple channels and following documented processes.
- Document support interactions in a company-wide case management system.
- Advance unresolved issues to senior staff as required.
- Research, verify, and document product defects.
- Actively handle personal backlog of support requests.
- Manage customer and partner expectations by providing timely updates on progress.
- Participate in product BETA programs & product testing events organized by the product division development teams.
- Remain informed on improvements in supported products in relevancy to the ENI industry.
- Assist in the fundamental development and maintenance of knowledge base quality.
- Influence product management and product development to make improvements.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related.
- 3 years of ENI industry experience.
- Proficiency or familiarity using Autodesk Civil 3D software in a production environment.
- knowledge of AutoCAD verticals a plus.
- Strong customer service, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Additional language skills are advantageous.
Who are you?
- People-minded: empathizing with, responding to, and problem-solving customer issues.
- Prompt: making timely decisions based on sound logic and consideration of the consequences.
- Take initiative: having a strong sense of ownership with a bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves
- Organized: clarifying assignments, prioritizes work and pays attention to detail to ensure work is done in a timely and high quality manner.
- Strategic: offering articulate recommendations and rationale and builds support with key decision makers.
- A wet sponge: actively listening to others in order to communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Intellectually curious: learning from mistakes, adapting to change, and seeking out ways to develop new skills.
- Influential: being a role model inspiring others and affecting a positive impact.
Global Technical Support @ Autodesk
Our specialists collaborate closely with their peers to analyze trends in customer activity to enable the AKN as an effective tool for achieving business objectives and have a direct influence to make the necessary changes needed to increase customer happiness and dedication.
What is Autodesk?
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category. Autodesk will consider for employment all applicants with criminal histories consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and any other state, federal or local law.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.