Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Does automation and a fast-paced environment excite you? Do you thrive on building resilient systems – Do you have a passion for uptime? The Platform Observability team is seeking a highly motivated, software engineer to help build Autodesk’s worldwide observability infrastructure. You will be part of the team that builds, designs and deploys observability services and tools needed toeffectively detect, diagnose and analyze issues inour infrastructure and application services. You will work side by side with engineering teams, supporting daily operations and our long-term roadmap.
A successful candidate has a strong sense of ownership and can contribute to projects that drive business outcomes. They are versed in modern automation frameworks that will be used to build supportive services used by our internal customer base.
- Support monitoring and observability tools and policies
- Work with operations teams to ensure their applications and services are highly available and performant
- Development infrastructure as code that will perform at scale
- Write code that is tested, readable and maintainable
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Collaborate with stakeholders and translate business objectives into technical strategies
- Automate processes where possible and propose new tools when needed
- Participate in on-call rotations to support production systems
- Hands-on software development experience in Python
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests
- 2+ years of production experience in large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Customer-facing and service-oriented person
- Understanding and curiosity of DevOpsbest practices, architectures, and methods
- Ability to create applications on AWS – Step functions, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, CloudWatch and Lambda
- Understanding of cloud-native application design
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes/ECS environments
- Experience with configuration management tools and cloud automation – TerraForm, Chef
- Experience defining, building and working with common CI/CD processes and tools – Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Great team player with great communication skill
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools – Prometheus, Grafana, StatsD, Splunk, ELK or New Relic
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL database technologies – MySQL,DynamoDB
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience consuming, designing and implementing REST APIs
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.