Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is actively seeking a Senior Director, People & Places, HRBP Practice Lead reporting to the Chief People Officer. This role is the primary HRBP for the Chief People Officer and leads the HRBP practice for the Corporate Functions including Finance and Legal & Corporate Affairs. With three relatively new leaders in these roles there are significant opportunities to look at synergies across the Corporate Functions groups as we continue to scale our blueprints and practices for Autodesk’s future growth.
This role also sits as an integral part of the global People & Places Leadership Team, helping to develop and drive strategic change across all functions and contributing to building Autodesk’s overall People strategy. This role will partner with the CPO on PPL Transformation and Organizational Design and Development Work and will help to lead Talent Management across the function. It also has a significant responsibility for partnering with other HRBP Practice Leaders to develop the capabilities and ongoing evolution of the HRBP Practice.
The role will lead a team of HR Directors and HR Business Partners who partner with these teams and their leaders. Additionally this role will manage an Executive Assistant that is shared with other HRBP leaders and an HR Program Manager who helps to manage the rhythm of the business for the HRBP practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for a people leader who can help us as we continue to deepen and grow our talent, culture and organizational development strategies across our teams.
Our HRBP practice is a truly strategic function focused on Organizational Development and Strategic Talent Management. The HRBP community supports Autodesk Executives through the development and execution of divisional talent strategies which serve as a catalyst and critical enabler of the overall business strategy. We work in close partnership with our People Consulting team who are geographically aligned generalists and our Centres of Excellence and People Experience teams who provide a full spectrum of HR support and services. The HR Business Partner Team enjoys a deep, trusted relationship with the business and is widely regarded as an integral part of the various Divisional Leadership Teams.
- Champion the development of Autodesk’s Corporate Function organization talent strategies, to ensure we attract, retain and develop the critical skills needed to support our drive to a single platform
- Lead and develop a team of seasoned HRBP Professionals (individual contributors and people managers up to and including Directors) and drive strategic change through the development and execution of divisional People Strategies
- Develop the overall HRBP Practice through a commitment to driving progressive HRBP capabilities and team effectiveness
- Provide Leadership Coaching to executives and leadership team members
- Drive Talent Value & Bottom-Line Impact through the influence and execution of key COE (Centres of Expertise) programs/initiatives
- Act as a guardian of the conscience of the organization at the leader, manager and individual employee levels
- Fully leverage the People and Places Support Model to ensure scalability and the highest possible impact and customer experience
- Organizational Development Consulting
- Sophisticated Diagnostic Skills
- Strategic Problem Solving
- Data Driven Influence & Story Telling
- Broad Commercial Acumen
- Transformational Culture Leadership
- Change Leadership
- 12+ years’ experience (or equivalent) in delivering HRBP support and services, both directly as a HRBP and through management of HRBPs – ideally in a SaaS environment
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience managing a global team in a matrixed environment
- Experience as HR for HR highly desirable
- International experience highly desirable
- A bias for action and ability to balance short-term decisions with longer-term vision
- Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships across functions and geographies
- Proven leadership abilities including creative and proactive approach to conflict resolution and problem solving, mentoring, coaching, recognition and performance management
The Ideal Candidate
- An experienced leader with a track record of growing HR teams and leaders.
- A storyteller, driven by data and analytics and capable of engaging and influencing C-Level Executives
- A forward-looking leader who can help define a vision and work collaboratively across the organization to get things done
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.