Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking a highly motivated Senior Dev Ops / Reliability Engineer to join our agile development team!
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
As a member of a team responsible for building foundational services, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of identity service that is leveraged by 150+ Autodesk desktop, mobile and web applications as well as a growing third-party developer ecosystem for managing authentication, authorization, profile and entitlements. The service is one of the key business enablers serving millions of customers every day. As a Dev Ops / Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for building and owning the infrastructure on public cloud that runs the identity and authorization system supporting millions of active users worldwide. You will establish configuration management, automate our infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and train the team in DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system. You will help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure. You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Lastly, you’ll build our CI pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices.
- Build and improve the continuous delivery / code deployments
- Continuously look for opportunities to automate change managements and implement them
- Keep the infrastructure compliant with the company and regulatory requirements including but not limited to security, privacy, SOC2 etc.
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting
- Build and maintain highly available production systems
- Work closely as part of the agile teams to improve or build out new infrastructure to support the business requirements
- Build and automate observability dashboards to provide better visibility in the operational aspects of the systems
- Continuously look for cost optimizations
- Hands-on Experience on the following:
- Infrastructure as Code: Chef, Packer, Terraform, Cloud-formation.
- Cloud Computing: Deep understanding on AWS. (EC2 / Elastic Cache / S3 / Cloud Front / Auto Scaling, Containers)
- Networking: Deep understanding on Reverse/Forward Proxy, Load balancer, Firewall, SSL/TLS, DNS
- Operating Systems: Linux & Windows
- Continuous Integration:
- GIT: Mastery in Git, Git branching Strategies (GitFlow, Trunk Based, Feature Flags)
- Jenkins: Mastery in Jenkins, Configurations, Integrations, Pipeline-as-code, Declarative. and Scripted Pipelines
- Monitoring tools: Splunk, Grafana, AWS ELK, Newrelic knowledge.
- Scripting languages: Powershell, Python, Bash
- Experience in 24×7 support of the highly available production systems with experience in keeping stake informed
- Keen eye to learn and improve from the incidents
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to run and improve the customer facing systems with high degree of availability (4 9’s)
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.