Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking a Senior Information Systems Engineer to join our Engineering Operations team. We are looking for motivated individuals who take pride in providing prompt and high-quality support to our internal product development teams in developing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) solutions, assisting them in developing high quality products through automated processes in order to continuously deliver amazing products to our customers.
The successful candidate will be working cross-functionally with internal teams including IT, Operations and Product Engineering, in developing, deploying and maintaining CI/CD solutions for Autodesk products. Further, the successful candidate will also be actively working with project management, product development, quality assurance and documentation teams thus providing an excellent opportunity to be involved in different aspects of the product development process.
- Engage with internal clients to understand, define and meet their products CI/CD requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams outlining automated solutions and build architecture
- Ability to resolve technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather all required information necessary to best handle technical inquiries/requests from customers
- Meet L1 SLAs like response and resolution times by partnering closely with L2 /L3 organizations
- Collaborate closely with team members to properly manage customer requests and escalate when appropriate
- Own customer technical issues or requests from start to resolution, communicating and updating customers regularly on statuses and closure
- Research extensively and document solutions for knowledge base and bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the horizontal team
- Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, build statuses and/or availability
- Collaborates closely with service providers to resolve build dependency issues e.g., infrastructure, network, tools etc. to resolve within published SLOs
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent with excellent academic background
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant work experience in large scale software development, technical hands-on experience in developing and managing software build environments that support multiple ongoing development efforts
- Relevant work or project experience in large scale software development with technical hands-on experience in developing and managing software builds environments that support multiple ongoing development efforts
- Continuous integration/deployment tools (CloudBees Jenkins, Jenkins and Electric Commander)
- Source Code Management tools (GitHub, Perforce)
- Project & Collaboration Management Systems (JIRA, Confluence Wiki)
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Batch, Python, Groovy, Powershell
- Working with Virtualization technologies (HyperV, VMWare)
- Binary management through Artifactory or Nexus
- Automating compute deployment and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef or similar)
- Exposure to public cloud technologies Azure and AWS
- A variety of computing environments; Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
- Development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual C++/C# and .NET, GCC, Xcode
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to focus on and complete tasks on time
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and work with minimum supervision, self-driven
- Excellent attention to detail with methodical meticulous nature.
- Familiar with software engineering practices, Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Willing to work in a 24×7 environment covering APAC / US / EMEA time zones
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.