Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software. The work we do at Autodesk touches nearly every person on the planet. By creating software tools for making buildings, machines, and even the latest movie, we get to influence and empower some of the most creative people in the world to solve problems that matter.
The success and growth of Autodesk can be attributed not only to its exceptional products, but also to its unique culture, which brings together the best and the brightest in a combined mission of innovation and creativity.We are continually ranked as a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor, and others:A Few Reasons To Work at Autodesk
We are looking for a Software Engineer/BIM Specialist to join the Autodesk Platform and Component Services organization. Help us build Autodesk’s Forge platform to empower developers achieve the new possible. You will be part of Autodesk’s platform engineering team responsible for designing and building critically important interoperability software components used in CAD applications like AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and 3DS Max. You will have a unique opportunity to immerse in a full software development life cycle and enjoy delivering happiness to our valued customers. We are a globally distributed diverse group of engineers who embrace teamwork and collaboration using Agile practices.
Location: Novi, MI or Boston, MA
Hybrid Schedule / Remote Work Allowed
- Build and deliver BIM data exchange software components, features and APIs, with high emphasis on quality and performance
- Participate in software design reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team
- Create documents and diagrams to outline relationships between subsystems and participate in reviews of those designs
- Cross-team collaboration and coordination with stakeholders to ensure reliable, secure, available and scalable releases
- Coach and mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil, Architecture or Construction Engineering or Computer Science, or similar experience
- 5+ years of hands on experience with AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) industry, BIM and parametric design software like Revit, Navisworks, Civil3D, ArchiCAD or Bentley products. Mastery preferred.
- Knowledge of BIM interoperability workflows and IFC standard is highly desired.
- Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
- Knowledge of good software architecture practices including design patterns, object-oriented programming, and complex software systems
- Experience with designing and developing robust and performant APIs, libraries and reusable components
- Experience with Test Driven Development and unit testing
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.