Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The BPE Team @ Autodesk
The Business Platforms Engineering teams are chartered with the plan & build phases of a wide portfolio of software and applications supporting Autodesk’s business, human capital and finance activities. With our business model transformation underway (moving from selling perpetual software licenses to cloud-based subscription services), we are making substantial investments in Cloud Based Finance Toolsets, Big Data and Enterprise Data Management. DBP delivers capabilities to support our evolving business models and finance operations. We originate, plan, build and run the foundational applications and services for Autodesk’s $2.5B+ business and must be able to scale with Autodesk’s growth to $5B and beyond. We are not a traditional IT organization; we are building an engineering platform that will integrate our crucial business and finance services with internal customers using modern techniques such as APIs and service-oriented-architecture. We are focus on cloud and integration technologies, methods and architectures. In addition, we are transforming our culture and embracing an engineering focus with modern engineering practices such as dev-ops, product management and CI/CD.
Are you looking for a high energy team where you can make a direct contribution to Autodesk’s business transformation, bringing in dev ops engineering practices to a platform engineering team that is building critical services ? As a key part of the BPE technology modernization initiative, we are investing in present and future capability, building a new execution platform to integrate to our portfolio of packaged finance applications to deliver a higher level of service, reliability, scale and functionality to our key internal customers and stakeholders. Autodesk is seeking an experienced and talented Technical Product Owner. In this role, you will be part of an organization that has a great Agile maturity and will have a unique opportunity to work in a Scrum team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in building and maintaining automation frameworks, leading technical teams, testing cloud technologies preferrable AWS , and be well versed in utilizing modern tools to achieve and clearly articulate quality objectives.You’ll have the opportunity to do all this while maintaining a high quality of life. Travel is minimal, hours are usually reasonable and family priorities are taken into consideration. You’ll enjoy a flexible and causal working environment.
Location:Portland, Oregon (can be considered Remote USA)
- Works with internal customers to understand, analyze, evaluate the technical requirements, and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources and reconciles conflicts
- Dissects high-level information into details and can communicate details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Tests solutions and ensures they meet customer requirements and are “fit-for-purpose.” Presents and validates solutions with business partners
- Creates and executes user acceptance test plans
- Own, develop and communicate technical roadmap for the platform Engineering team
- Participates in software estimation process, such as Agile estimation techniques
- Lead agile processes and standards (standups, planning, validations, etc.)
- Keep your ear to the ground and help us incorporate industry best practices and important developments into our products
- 5+ years of IT experience in an enterprise environment, including at least 2 years of technical Product owner or comparable experience, supporting medium to large-size projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience required.
- Being able to articulate and communicate in both written and oral forms to various types of audiences (developers to managers to Architects)
The Ideal candidate
- Has Ability to work both collaboratively and independently as appropriate
- Is Willing to ask questions, challenge assumptions, hold others accountable, and adapt solutions to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Has Ability to provide options, assess tradeoffs, make recommendations, to drive decisions collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Has Ability to translate business needs to technical requirements and provide accurate estimates
- Has Good planning and organization skills
- Is Experienced working with geographically diverse teams
- Has a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously
- Has experience with leading and working in agile environment
- Prior Experience working with teams building platforms and REST services , DevOps/SRE technologies and middleware(MuleSoft) is preferred
- Self-navigating learner who is eager to learn new skills
- Action oriented. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience in both process and solution analysis
- Maturity and ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic project environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.