Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you excited about telling stories by analyzing and making sense of data? Are you interested in producing actionable insights from large datasets that can power business decisions? Do you want to create impact by building data products that power a digital enterprise?
Our team is looking for a driven individual that is both technically able and business-savvy. Someone that can discover meaningful patterns in large datasets. Someone that is not afraid of asking questions, challenging assumptions and dealing with complexity in trying to answer broad business questions.
This Data Scientist position will help Autodesk’s IT organization, Digital Enterprise Services (DES), uncover insights from experience and technology operations data. In this role, you will build sustainable data products that help management take business decisions on an ongoing basis. The position also requires collaboration with managers, engineers and planners to inform strategies that enable them to take high-quality decisions and provide better services.
The ideal candidate is someone who isn’t afraid of technical complexity and dedicatedly looks for ways to leverage the latest and greatest advancements in the field of data science to help DES deliver a world-class experience to Autodesk employees.
- Perform analysis on large datasets and produce qualitative visualizations based on reporting requirements
- Develop analytical solutions and dashboards that integrate data from a wide variety of sources such as relational databases, AWS, data virtualization tools
- Understand technology operations data from many different sources in detail to create these models
- Optimize workflows and scripts on data lake for data cleaning, processing, and transformation
- Develop, prototype, and deploy machine learning models
- Extract and derive useful metrics and KPIs from raw data gathered from multiple data sources
- Collaborate with data engineers’ team to create, maintain, and enhance data ingestion pipelines which gather data from various systems or sources
- Partner closely with service managers and engineers to understand the underlying data and help them make business decisions through insights and data products
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Proficiency with data analysis using Python and experience with open source data science toolkits (Pandas, SciPy, SciKitLearn, NLTK)
- Familiarity with various statistical and machine learning techniques including classification, regression, dimension reduction, regularization, clustering and various multivariate methods
- Familiarity with relational data modeling and SQL
- Hands-on experience with modeling or hypothesis testing
- Readiness to learn and pick up new technologies such as AWS Sagemaker to build, train and deploy your models
- Excellent oral and visual communication skills
- Prior experience (2-3 years) working in a global, high technology company
- Adaptable and comfortable with complexity and uncertainty
- Be self-motivated, creative and collaborative
- Prior experience implementing and deploying data science models or data products in Production
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience working in an AWS environment and leveraging its offerings such as EC2, S3, Lambda, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker etc.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.