Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
A Manufacturing Technical Sales Specialist partners with our account-based sales team to drive revenue objectives by owning the technical relationships and driving the technical account strategy with our manufacturing customer base. The TSS is expected to use their industry knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape to articulate the value of Autodesk’s solutions. The TSS thoroughly understands the capabilities of the Autodesk solutions and the business benefits that customers can realize by implementing them within their business.
The ideal candidate will have a consulting mindset and be creative in defining and demonstrating leading edge solutions for our customers in the manufacturing space. It is all about showing our customers what is possible, areas they could focus on for improvement and the scale of the financial impact of our solutions. Your credibility with our customers comes from the fact that at one point you probably were or are one of our customers. You’ve walked a mile in their shoes, and you know the pains and challenges of the Manufacturing industry firsthand. More importantly you have used technology to solve real-world problems. Success will also require a relentless passion for our products and customers.
A world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk delivers the broadest product portfolio to empower customers to digitally design, visualize and simulate their ideas.
- Account Plan Development and Management: In partnership with Account Sales Executives develop technical account plans and execute on strategy/tactics for closing business. Uses knowledge and experience to ensure technical closure and alignment with sales strategies
- Customer Relationship Management: Develop required level of knowledge of customers’ business process, workflows, and technical requirements in order to build “trusted advisor” relationships with customers. Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the business processes, technology trends, and workflows, within their domain of expertise, to provide insight and guidance required to position the value of current and new Autodesk solutions
- Technical Discovery & Solution Fit: Manage all aspects of technical discovery. Provide leadership and guidance in the formulation of requirements definitions, scope documents, user needs studies, process assessments and project assessments for sales opportunities. Leverage Autodesk software, applications, and services together with other resources to develop innovative solutions that satisfy technical, fiscal and schedule constraints within the customers business
- Customer Closure: Responsible for aligning with key customer stakeholders to secure business and technical closure of the proposed solution. Manages technical evaluations, defines solution architecture, facilitates product demonstrations, “pilot” projects, etc. Provides technical validation and assesses feasibility, correctness and completeness of proposed solutions; applies best practices in solving business problems. Assess and direct customers regarding strategic product issues involving license deployment, licensing structures and license management to maximize customer satisfaction and product revenue
- Collaboration: Develop and maintains trusted working relationships with the sales force and adjacent business partners. Partner with cross-functional teams (sales management, value added resellers, development, technical sales) to acquire the correct talent/resource for individual sales opportunities. Oversees and guides these resources to outlined account objective to, ensure customer satisfaction and business closure
- Internal Leadership: Share best practices, competitive information, innovation, and thought leadership within the sales organization, product divisions, and technical sales organization. Interact and communicates with the various business units of Autodesk to ensure that the Industry Targeted Account needs are met. Provide answers and knowledge share technical product and integration information pertaining to Autodesk or competitor products
- Strong active listening skills with confidence-based on rigorous preparation and forethought
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to clarify and summarize complex issues for C-level executives, business development leaders, designers and engineers
- Great storyteller and effortlessly adapt your communication style depending on the audience
- Solid understanding of the design & manufacturing product development process
- A high degree of curiosity with particular emphasis in discovering opportunities to improve a manufacturers process maturity level
- An innovative mindset that is attuned to a manufacturers process landscape
- Must understand how information, content, and documents flow across a manufacturing organization in the context of a business process
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple opportunities and/or projects
- Ability to leverage technical background and manufacturing experience to present technology solutions that offer opportunities for business improvement with associated financial outcomes
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strong product design background with proficiency in 3D parametric CAD modeling
- 5+ years’ experience in Value Engineering, Management Consulting, Professional Services, or Sales Engineering in the Manufacturing Industry
- 5+ years of experience in presales support or implementing software projects in the CAD/CAM/CAE, PLM, PDM, CRM, ERP
- Strong knowledge of Cloud enabled technologies, SaaS, AWS
- Financial modeling proficiency – strong Excel skills
- Base knowledge of Autodesk product design and manufacturing products:
- Fusion Manage/Upchain (PLM)
- Vault Professional
- Factory Design Utilities
- AutoCAD Mechanical & Electrical toolsets
- Inventor iLogic
- Inventor Nastran
- Inventor CAM (HSM)
- 3DS Max
- Fusion 360
- Comfort in application level programming/scripting; ex: iLogic programming
- Interests and familiarity with advanced manufacturing:
- Digital Transformation
- Advanced robotics
- Additive Manufacturing
- Internet of Things
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.