Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk, the leading Design and Engineering Software Company, is transitioning to the cloud! As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps customers imagine, design, and create a better world. Our flagship product, AutoCAD, has become synonymous with CAD and is a fixture in design shops worldwide.
We have industry-leading 3D solutions for industrial design and manufacturing; architecture, engineering and construction as well as media and entertainment. Over 10 million professionals in 185 countries are using Autodesk products to save time and money, gain competitive advantage, and change the way ideas are brought to life.
The success and growth of Autodesk can be attributed not only to its exceptional products, but also to its unique culture, which brings together the best and the brightest in a combined mission of innovation and creativity.We are continually ranked as a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor, and others.
As we transition from a world of desktop products to that of products powered by cloud-hosted services, we’re building our core underlying cloud fabric and kernel that is comprised of massively scalable, always-on, globally-deployed cloud infrastructure services that underpin our customer facing systems. Engineers across product teams at Autodesk, utilize our kernel services to build our next generation of rich customer experiences.
There are many unsolved problems and unanswered questions and we are looking for motivated engineers to help us tackle these challenges.
- Build and run Forge platform services
- Write code that is tested, readable, and maintainable
- Engage in technical discussion and decision making to shape the future of making things
- Participate in on-call rotation to support production systems
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases and build towardsa cohesive technical strategy
- Mentor and empower engineers around you
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience as a technical leader and mentor
- Excellent hands-on Java programming skills (6+ years)
- Strong experience designing and implementing high quality REST APIs
- Strong experience building apps on AWS using services such as S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis and Lambda
- Strong experience with NoSQL databases
- Implemented and operated one or more high scale APIs that handles at least 25k RPS
- Experience with object oriented design patterns
- Experience with continuous refactoring
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with Spring boot
- Experience with scripting languages such as Groovy, Python, Node.js, or Bash
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and working with a deployment pipeline such as Jenkins
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.