Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you looking to apply your legal skills to help guide business organizations as they define Autodesk’s future state monetization models and offerings? Do you have broad-based multidisciplinary legal experience and a knack for synthesizing complex legal and business concepts and requirements into concise, understandable, customer-centric, business-aligned legal terms and conditions? Dream of being a detective, historian, archaeologist, explorer, futurist, and innovator all rolled into one? If this sounds like you, read on!
We are searching for an experienced attorney to provide business-savvy advice to Autodesk teams driving Autodesk’s business model transition and offering readiness and lifecycle management functions.
In this role, you will collaborate with colleagues in many different business and legal organizations to crystalize offerings, identify and articulate legal issues and risks, develop legal terms and conditions, and support their launch broadly including training on the legal aspects of Autodesk’s offerings to legal and business stakeholders.
- Participate in Autodesk’s cross-functional offering management approval committee, called ORT, to give real-time legal guidance on new initiative proposals spanning sales models, pricing strategy, customer service, offering End of Life, data use and customer insights
- Proactively partner with business leaders in the Global Revenue Operations and Business Model and Pricing organizations to develop a trusted advisor relationship; engage with business colleagues at all levels; exercise excellent legal judgment and extraordinary communication skills to provide practical, clear, and concise counsel
- Support strategic transformational new business initiatives, including offering readiness and release activities, as well as ongoing legal support of the company’s existing go-to-market and pricing models
- Tackle legal issues in the areas of external contractual obligations and business policies and practices, intellectual property, commercial transactions, marketing, competition, data privacy & security, data analytics and use, and other legal and regulatory frameworks
- Collaborate with business decision makers to develop, draft, publish and maintain customer and partner facing policies and terms and conditions, and provide general legal guidance to support the company’s offering management process
- Develop a deep and broad understanding of Autodesk’s existing contractual and related obligations to customers and resellers as an essential foundation for providing change management legal advice
- Coordinate support aspects of specific new business model initiatives and serve as a key member of cross-organizational new business initiative core teams
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school; member in good standing in at least one U.S. state bar
- A minimum of 5 years of in-house experience at a technology company with global reach or related experience at a law firm is desirable
- A customer centric mindset and the ability to simply and concisely draft and communicate about complex issues
- Strong, confident, and persuasive communication skills when engaging with business colleagues to define legal and non-legal requirements for new initiatives
- Familiarity with legal aspects of both direct and indirect commercial models, marketing, contracting, privacy, data use and protection, fair competition, pricing, and compliance law matters
- Superior business acumen, with proven ability to use business context to come up with creative, pragmatic solutions that achieve corporate objectives while mitigating legal risk
- Comfort with ambiguity, extended fact-gathering efforts and shifting business requirements, and an ability to quickly adapt and refine legal guidance accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex extremely fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment to provide consistent, practical, timely, and business-enabling legal advice to stakeholders in multiple business organizations
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, applying sound judgment, in identifying issues that need to be escalated
- Intellectual curiosity, pragmatic approach to realistically defining legal risk and balancing those risks with business requirements and desired outcomes, and strong legal drafting and project management skills
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.