We are passionate about making the web a better place.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re looking for an experienced Director of Product that will shape the future of WooCommerce shipping experiences for businesses of all sizes.
As the Director of Product covering this major product area, you will drive the strategic direction and roadmaps for our built-in shipping functionality and shipping apps (partnership products) on the WooCommerce Marketplace. You will collaborate on discovery, prioritize customer problems, guide product planning, and partner with go-to-market teams. Your approach should both be entrepreneurial and long-term – with a passion for challenging the status quo and removing blockers.
Your understanding of merchants’ shipping, inventory management, and fulfillment needs – plus familiarity with global carrier partnerships – will help us provide competitive, world-class services and fairly monetize the value we create for our customers.
- Are customer-obsessed; passionate about inspiring users and offering memorable online experiences.
- Bring enthusiasm for evolving a global commerce platform – and appreciate the challenge of transforming complex technical things into simple customer experiences.
- Have rich subject-matter expertise in shipping and fulfillment, with experience across product, carrier, and platforms.
- Measure the success of your work based on results.
- Know how to break down a problem or project into small pieces; can plan iteratively and have an experimental approach, responding to customer or market changes as needed.
- Leverage your domain expertise, skills and experience in shipping and fulfilment to build a competitive advantage and vision for our product. This includes product strategy for WooCommerce Shipping and portfolio strategy for the myriad of shipping and fulfillment apps on the WooCommerce Marketplace.
- Lead Design and Engineering teams in a high-growth business and organization. Define and implement a focused product roadmap. Facilitate debate; influence prioritization; inspire contribution.
- Balance the above internally-focused work with drive for what can be achieved through external partners. Explore new opportunities and long-term pathways in tandem with our Business Development team.
- Talk to our customers – merchants, developers, and shoppers – to understand their onboarding needs. Use interviews, internal data, market feedback, and your intuition to define the most valuable problems worth solving. Maintain product and discovery backlogs. Validate product direction through testing and MVPs.
- Take a data-informed approach to understanding product usage, adoption funnels, churn, growth metrics and feedback from multiple channels (user feedback, customer support feedback, product ambassador feedback, research and testing) to inform changes and improvements.
- Rally team input and cross-functional alignment through quarterly planning processes. Maintain an efficient cadence for collaborating with other leads throughout the product life cycle. Advocate for projects, secure the right resources for success, and raise to leadership when goals are at risk. Track metrics and report progress.
- 10+ years in the tech industry, with 4+ years focused on the shipping industry. Preference for direct experience building shipping software solutions, ecommerce platforms, order management systems, shipping carriers or solutions in the logistics ecosystem.
- 3+ years of people management experience, with hiring and growth responsibilities.
- 3+ years in a product leadership role. Running large scale and/or global launches is a plus. Familiarity with global partners and partnerships is also extremely helpful.
- A consistent record of launching great products and driving results.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, at the right level of detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating and unpacking customer problems.
- Flexibility with decision-making in data-rich and data-poor situations.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.