- Apple Cloud Platform - Internal CI/CD Service & Tools - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Full Stack Engineer- Apple Cloud Product Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Hardware System Integrator - Apple Home - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Rendering and Graphics Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Engineer, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Apr 22, 2022
At Apple, the customer experience extends beyond the product itself. Apple packaging is often the first time that people contemplate and experience delight in the unboxing experience. The Packaging team is a cohesive and diverse group of Product Design engineers responsible for the exploration and implementation of new and innovative designs in structural packaging for all Apple products. The team is firmly committed to making huge impact in environmental sustainability through our creative design, technology and development, and innovative use of materials in packaging. This engineer will be someone who approaches problem solving with passion, creativity and curiosity. The Packaging team values engineers with a desire to acquire new skills and will offer the candidate opportunities to further enhance their understanding in subject areas including materials selection, fibers & textiles, cosmetic detailing, testing, tolerance analysis, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, design for high volume assembly/manufacturability (paper folding, molded fiber forming, CNC, die-cutting, thermoforming, injection molding), statistical process control, etc.
* Proven experience in mechanical engineering, packaging engineering, or similar
* Experience in the product development cycle and proficiency in designing parts and assemblies for manufacturing
* Ability to apply engineering analysis, creative problem solving, attention to detail, and diligence in finding the best solution for each design challenge
* Applied understanding of tolerance analysis, GD&T and statistical process control
* Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to articulate design performance and independently drive people/groups for design, schedule, and quality
* CAD design experience using both 2D and 3D applications
* Experience and passion for hands on prototyping
* Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment and self-motivated to identify and resolve design issues.
– Packaging design ownership from design concept to high volume production – Development and execution on new and sustaining packaging architecture and materials – Creation of models/prototypes to articulate design concepts, evaluate functionality, and understand early packaging performance – Close and collaborative partnership with industrial design team on design details and refinement – Detailed design and 2D documentation of all parts and assemblies – Performance testing and failure analyses to ensure design meets requirements throughout its lifecycle – Development of manufacturing processes, tooling concepts and functional & cosmetic specifications by working with external vendors and internal manufacturing teams – Travel to support build activities including finding root cause for failures and solutions for issues that impede build progress
Education & Experience
– BS degree with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering or Packaging Science, with at least 4 years of related industry experience.