- Software Engineer, Apple Cloud Platform - Seattle, WA
- Software Engineer - Apple Media Products (AMP) - Seattle, WA
- Behavioral Scientist / Quantitative UX Researcher / Research Scientist, Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
- Senior SDET Engineer Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
- Software Engineer, Core Services - Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Mar 7, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
We are seeking multiple Research Scientists to join the Human-Centered Machine Intelligence (HCMI) team within AI/ML at Apple. Research Scientists in HCMI tackle significant technical and human-centered research challenges, collaborate with partner teams across Apple to ship products, and shape the field of human-centered AI/ML via external publication and engagement. We are especially active in four areas of focus: Accessibility, Data Visualization, Educational Technologies, and User Interface Tools/Technologies. Join us in Pittsburgh, PA or Seattle, WA to design, study, and build intelligent interactive technologies that benefit people! Candidates with some but not all of these qualifications are encouraged to apply:
Experienced researcher in areas related to AI/ML and/or Human-Computer Interaction
* Superior foundational skills in one or more of the following: programming and development, design research or practice, qualitative/quantitative methods
* Publication and research record commensurate with seniority
* Proven history of turning research contributions into tools, guidelines, or products
The Human Centered Machine Intelligence (HCMI) group in Apple’s AI/ML organization designs, studies, and builds interactive technologies that enable people to benefit from machine learning. We are a close-knit team of research scientists and engineers in a unique position to work closely with product teams throughout Apple, enabling our research to have direct impact built from a foundation of cutting-edge industry practice. We focus on Accessibility, Data Visualization, Educational Technologies, and User Interface Tools/Technologies. Our team makes research and product contributions in both those domains and in cross-cutting human-centered areas like Design & ML and Responsible AI. The groundbreaking technologies shipped by our team have impacted millions of people.
Education & Experience
PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Learning Sciences, or related field or equivalent experience
* -Experience conducting research in one of the team’s focus domains (Data Visualization, Learning Sciences, Accessibility, UI Tools/Technologies, or Development Tools)
* -Experience developing and shipping products that use machine learning
* -Strong writing and public speaking skills
* We do not expect successful candidates to have all of these qualifications. We are always interested in candidates that will help us broaden what human-centered AI/ML means at Apple. We welcome applications from early career- and senior-level candidates.