Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Jan 6, 2022
Mac… iPod… iPhone… iPad… Apple WATCH… what’s next? We are a team of passionate engineers who are designing, prototyping, analyzing, and eventually launching that next new product category at Apple. As an Ergo Mechanical Product Designer on this team, you will be able to influence architecture and own the mechanical design of specific parts or modules within the product. You will establish specifications to guide the performance, comfort, reliability, and fit of the product. Our goal is to ensure the highest quality product for our customers.
* 2-5 + years of hands-on, detailed product design experience
* Comfortable with non-linear mechanical problems
* Proficiency in 3D CAD (any modeling package)
* Experience with optimizing structures
* Basic GD&T knowledge and experience releasing 2D drawings
* Working knowledge of FEA principles
* Practical experience working through DFM challenges with external vendors
* Wide knowledge of basic engineering materials and manufacturing processes
* Consumer electronics knowledge in these disciplines is a plus: industrial design, optics and lenses, cameras, sensors, displays, PCBs and flexes, silicon, antennas, batteries, thermals
* Experience with dynamic protective equipment or prosthetics is recommended
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including emails, preparing slide presentations, and presenting technical concepts to multi-disciplinary teams
* Creative problem solving, with experience in failure analysis, root cause investigation, and DOE creation
* Detail orientated and capable of handling multiple assignments at once
* Experience collaborating with Asian manufacturing facilities, specifically in high-volume mass production is a plus
* This job can only be done from inside Apple’s corporate headquarters.
In this role, you will engage in frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration with teams like Industrial Design, Project Management, Human Factors, Human Engineering, Soft Goods, Design validation, Materials, Manufacturing, EE, Display, Camera, Antenna, Battery, and more. You will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day. You will work side by side with your teammates inside Apple to design, guide, and validate product architecture. Primary scope of work will be to design robust prototypes, propose architecture options, and gather empirical data to support the design choices.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required Master of Science preferred and/or PHD BS/MS/Minor in Biomechanics / Biomedical Engineering / Human Factors / Ergonomics is a bonus (not required, mostly looking for robust mechanical engineering experience)