- Global Partner Marketing Manager, Apple Advertising Solutions - Austin, TX
- Graphics and Rendering Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Austin, TX
- Big Data Engineer - Wallet & Apple Pay - Austin - Austin, TX
- Software Engineer, Apple Pay - Austin, TX
- Manager - Big Data Engineering - Wallet & Apple Pay - Austin - Austin, TX
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Feb 8, 2022
Apple’s JMET team is seeking Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who would be responsible for deploying, monitoring, troubleshooting and develop tooling for all of JMET solutions. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. You will have experience in being a Systems Administrator or a Programmer that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career. You will configure, tune, and tackle multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability, and availability. You will work closely with the systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team, and information security team. For this position, strict application security and high availability requirements need to be consistent to achieve optimal solutions. JMET is a rare team focused on security initiatives that provides critical IT solutions across most of Apple’s product lines. These solutions are utilized from the manufacturing space all the way to customer facing solutions. We are looking for a hardworking individual who can excel in a dynamic environment, who can be a self-starter and bring their passion to ensure quality and reliability of the solutions we maintain.
Unix or Linux administration and performance tuning skills, 5+ years of leading services in a large scale nix environment
* Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture. Validated experience with Automation skills using Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, and puppet.
* Oracle DB knowledge and troubleshooting skills. Java and JVM technologies runtime configurations and troubleshooting.
* Infrastructure knowledge of Networks, load balancers, Firewalls and WAF. SDLC and release engineering including source code repository and build tools including SVN and GIT.
* Experience with Kafka or other message queueing technology a plus
Review hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization. Identify performance bottlenecks. Responsible for the full system lifecycle including configuration, code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments. Monitor infrastructure and application services and drive incident management. Collaborate with Apple’s production support team, application engineers, project managers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators and QA team to effectively ensure availability and reliability of the JMET solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field with 2+ years experience.