- Software Engineer, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Senior Data Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Cupertino - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software QA Engineer, Black Box - Apple Notes - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Services Marketing Tools Web Program Manager - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Nov 18, 2021
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day! Our RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to work towards ensuring Apple products conform and go beyond all applicable cellular industry standards and regulatory requirements.
* Practical knowledge of at least one Cellular Wireless technology including 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G
* Practical knowledge of cellular industry standards including 3GPP, 3GPP2, Carrier specifications including performance requirements, compliance requirements and required testing methodologies
* Experience and a deep understanding of System Level RF Parametric its sources in RF component characteristics and behavior
* Hands on experience with bench level wireless testing, debug at the module, reference board or system level
* Debug level experience on cellular radio systems at the conducted or radiated level is a plus
* Understanding of Antenna characteristics impact to radiated testing. Familiarity with radiated test setups, radiated chamber calibration and use
* Experience using RF lab test equipment
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
You’ll be responsible for assessing platform-level performance across cellular technologies towards industry conformance, regulatory compliance, carrier and use case requirements, including: – Defining test requirements; designing, implementing in-house test systems; and executing validation & characterization test plans to meet industry, emissions and performance requirements – Performing failure analysis to understand low margin or failing behaviors making use of experimental SW/FW and mock-up hardware – Collaborating with test equipment vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional staff to optimize RF parametric performance – Tracking validation status; analyze results; communicate issues & insights from data – Supporting testing at contact manufacturing sites and supporting certification of Apple products – Bringing-up device-under-test and setups for validation preparedness
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree. Master’s degree is preferred.