- Software Quality Engineering Manager, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Full Stack Engineer- Apple Cloud Product Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Rendering and Graphics Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Hardware System Integrator - Apple Home - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Apr 29, 2022
The battery pack engineering team works on multifaceted structural, electrical, and thermal problems. We are looking for a battery pack engineer with excellent knowledge of battery pack design considerations, creativity and leadership skills. Your deep understanding of battery pack performance metrics and structural, thermal & electrical design optimization will enable you to drive the development and realization of innovative battery pack designs.
Experience in design and assembly of battery modules or battery packs
* Experience in testing and characterization of battery modules or battery packs
* Experience in structural, electrical, thermal, and mechanical systems
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis
* Strong materials knowledge. Good understanding of different materials/grades/coatings/surface finishes and their tradeoffs
* Requires demonstrated ability to produce detailed part designs and drawings for a variety of components and assemblies
* Experience with design of parts requiring joining techniques including structural adhesives, rivets, bolted joints, laser, or CMT welding
* Knowledge of part design for forming processes such as: extrusions, stamping, machining, injection molding, and die casting
* Experience in designing components to meet electrical requirements including maximum current, temperature rise, and electrical isolation requirements
* Experience in designing to meet ingress protection requirements
* Great written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate well with management, peers, and suppliers
* Flexible and comfortable working in a quickly changing environment
* 3-D CAD and 2-D component and assembly drawing generation experience
You will be responsible for the design and optimization of various components and systems related to battery packs. Potential focus areas could be related to enclosure construction, electrical component packaging, heat exchanger design, abuse safety implementation, etc. You will work with structural and thermal CAE teams and test teams to execute DOEs and optimize the battery pack design to improve critical performance metrics. You will work with an advanced manufacturing team to develop innovative pack manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for creating the 3D CAD design, prototyping and testing parts, creating detailed drawings with GD&T, and providing specifications to vendors. Engineers will be taking the project from concept to detailed design, and are expected to root cause quality and functionality problems.
Education & Experience
BSME required, MS Preferred
Experience in development of Mechanical System Architecture, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). Experience with NX and/or TeamCenter. Experience with data capture and analysis (using tools such as LabVIEW, MATLAB). Experience with mechanical testing such as utilizing Instron machines and pressure transducers. Experience with quality engineering principles such as Six Sigma or 8D problem solving.