- Apple Support College Program - University of Houston, Victoria - Austin, TX
- Apple Support College Program - University of Texas at Austin - Austin, TX
- Apple Support College Program At Home Advisor - Austin, TX
- Apple Support College Program - Colorado - Austin, TX
- Machine Learning Engineer- Apple Pay - Austin, TX
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Feb 7, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. We’re looking for a Data and Cloud Engineer who is passionate and motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform. This is a Hands-on Engineering role in the Operations Business Analytics team, which provides a unique opportunity to create innovations and transformational change leveraging cloud and big data technologies. As a technical evangelist you will be able to incubate and experiment newer technologies and platforms to demonstrate value of the data and enable data consumptions at scale with agility.
Highly technical and analytical with 8 or more years of data engineering, analytics systems development and deployment experience
* Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
* Understand current data landscape and develop architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance and advise on how to run these architectural models on OnPrem or Private Cloud infrastructure.
* Experience in high level programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Python.
* Proficiency with databases Snowflake, Singlestore, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres, and SQL are required.
* Proficiency in data processing using technologies like Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, or Map/Reduce.
* Expertise in developing big data pipelines using technologies like Kafka, Flume, or Storm.
* Experience with large scale data warehousing, mining, or analytic systems.
* Ability to work with analysts to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
* Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
* Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
* Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide architect community and engineering teams.
This position involves working on a small team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using Data and Cloud technologies. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems. Key Responsibilities • Iterate quickly through capturing data needs from the partners, analyzing source data and consumption needs, creating data models and deliver data & BI solutions. • Hands on data modeling (conceptual, logical models), and development of complex process modeling from Transaction sources to analytical solutions. • Hands on Data integration between ERP(SAP), Data Mart and EDW. • Capture and manage business data needs from various stakeholders, collaborate and influence to deliver solutions with positive results.
Education & Experience
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred
• Track record of implementing Cloud technologies in a variety of business such as large enterprises and start-ups.
* • Deep understanding of Data transformations, underlying technologies and understanding of related concepts (such as data cataloging and curation, etc.)
* • Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Data processing.