- iOS Engineer - Apple Pay Security - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Senior Data Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Cupertino - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software QA Engineer, Black Box - Apple Notes - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Services Marketing Tools Web Program Manager - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 20, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, our ambition is to make products without taking from the Earth. Getting there requires focus and innovation in three key areas: climate change, resources and smarter chemistry. We believe that our products should be safe for anyone who assembles, uses, or recycles them. At the Environmental Compliance Engineer position, the individual will drive compliance and support sustainability initiatives for World-Class hardware products during the development phase. This role requires the individual to closely partner with development teams to implement worldwide environmental compliance requirements and standards, initiatives on energy efficiency, sustainable materials, design for environment, and utilization of safer materials. Come join us!
* 3 to 5 years of proven experience with a focus working on hardware product-related environmental compliance!
* Knowledge of consumer electronic product-related environmental regulations and standards
* Proficiency in project management – managing, organizing and driving execution of complex projects in a timely manner
* Comfortable in environments that depend on influence to drive outcomes
* Excellent communication skills – written and verbal with diverse audiences, from engineers to executives
* Thrives in fast-paced environments where attention to detail is required
This position is offered in the Environmental Technologies group within Apple’s Hardware Engineering Org. Our mission is to deliver world-leading programs to address the impacts of climate change, conserve resources, and utilize safer materials in our products. You will be responsible for driving Apple’s environmental compliance on hardware products under development. A successful candidate will need to partner with a wide range of engineering, design, and operations teams to establish ambitious environmental objectives for the product related to all aspects of environmental compliance – design, energy-efficiency, and substance restrictions. You will be required to engage with product development teams to inform and execute against environmental goals and targets, closely track progress during the definition and concept phases of hardware development. Your ability to influence others to set ambitious objectives is key to your success. You are a strong proponent for environmental leadership and see it as your mission to drive Continuous improvement. You’re comfortable diving into technical details with engineers, and distilling this information into concise messages for executives. You don’t hesitate to build up relationships with multi-functional partners and collaborate well across functions. You are also an expert in tracking details and schedules.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in (Electrical/Mechanical/Chemistry/Material Science) Engineering or Science.