Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 8, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so flawless that they almost feel like magic. Join our Wireless Technology and Ecosystems (WTE) team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. If you’re passionate about Embedded Security Development and want to work on the World’s most cutting edge mobile payment systems, then we may have the job for you.
4+ years of experience in Embedded development with focus on Secure Element, Payment Schemes and JavaCard.
* Good experience with payment protocols, mobile payments
* Good experience with Access/Transit contactless applications.
* Good understanding of various cryptographic algorithms (RSA, DES, AES, SHA-1, etc.)
* Familiarity with Side Channel analysis and defense mechanisms on hardened secure processors
* Knowledge of ISO14443 application layer and Global Platform/EMV standards.
* Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
* Obsessively hard-working and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
* Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
* Excellent problem solving and intuitive debugging skills
* Eager to get your hands dirty!
As an Embedded Software Developer, you will work on implementing existing and new security features for Apple products including Apple Pay. In this role you will have an impact on new Payment, Transit and Access solutions and new verticals around the planet
Education & Experience
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
Experience crafting security solutions and designing quality modular software.
* Experience with Java build/testing automation on-card as well as off-card.
* Experience with object oriented languages, such as C++/Java
* Experience with developing JavaCard applets for JavaCard OS or related software development experience for security products.
* Exposure to Objective-C, iOS and MacOS is a plus