- Lead Apple Solutions Consultant - Dallas, TX
- Senior Network Engineer - Dallas, TX
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer - Dallas, TX
- Claims Estimator - Dallas, TX
- Electronic Design Engineer - Dallas, TX
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Mar 29, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products – they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you have a passion for designing innovative data center solutions that run at a massive global scale? Are you able to collaborate and balance between a strategic vision and pragmatic deliveries across multiple projects? As a key member of our team you will have a chance to design the most innovative and efficient data centers in the industry. We support our global data center growth by developing bases of design, overseeing multiple design teams, performing design reviews, specifying equipment and operational requirements and seeing our innovative designs come to life during commissioning and operation. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and resourcefulness are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
* 5+ Years of experience as a power systems engineer with experience in maintenance, controls and operations.
* Ability to review critical processes and procedures and recommend changes as needed based on experience and knowledge
* Electrical Safety knowledge NFPA/OSHA/NEC
* Large Data Center design and project experience
* Proven ability to design large power, protection and control systems
* Detailed knowledge of electrical power systems including power chain from utility to the rack space, this includes experience with high voltage, medium voltage to low voltages systems
* Experience with reliability and availability studies
* Selective coordination and available fault current study experience, relay coordination and arc flash studies
* Knowledge of total cost of ownership evaluations
* High voltage substation and Medium Voltage protection and design experience
* Generator control and protection experience
* Experience with low voltage EPMS and BMS systems UPS, BESS and Power conversion equipment experience
* Familiarity with fire alarm and low voltage systems
* Ability to review and critique electrical system designs for availability, quality control, constructibility and cost
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong and effective multi-functional relationships
As Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the electrical subject area design effort to include meeting with other engineers, vendors, and business support teams for large data center projects during the design process, supporting construction administration, commissioning and providing engineering support to the facility operations team after the data center is in production. Responsibilities include: Ability to handle equipment upgrades and modifications in data center production environments Review EOR design drawings and vendor shop drawings Develop training programs and provide training and mentorship to employees Effective project leadership abilities to plan, organize, and empower others to achieve objectives within challenging timelines and situations of uncertainty Excellent planning, analytical, organization and the ability to work independently as well as part of a strong team Adjust to meet changing circumstances such as reorganizations, reassignment of project priority, changes in strategic direction, and Data Center needs Ability to operate independently with conviction and drive teams to the right levels of quality in delivery under pressure
Education & Experience
Electrical Engineering Degree, or equivalent experience.