- Software Quality Engineering Manager, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Full Stack Engineer- Apple Cloud Product Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Rendering and Graphics Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Hardware System Integrator - Apple Home - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 20, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple Maps is a great mapping platform with an immersive 3D experience, great navigation, and transit information to find your way around. Apple Maps supports billions of requests each week from apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, CarPlay, Mac, and third-party apps. The Maps Foundation service team is looking for a big data expert to build the next-generation crowdsourcing platform to continuously improve Maps.
3+ years of software development and production operation experience with big data distributed systems.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including strong stakeholder communications
* Comfortable in Java/C++ and one or more scripting languages like Ruby or Python.
* Experience with message-based architecture using Kafka or another message broker.
* Experience in designing, and implementing scalable server-side APIs.
* Experience in big data processing using Hadoop Map-reduce or Apache Spark.
* User-focused with empathy for the user experience and an understanding of the criticality of data privacy.
You will build and support a high-volume crowdsourcing platform to ingest 100s of thousands of requests per second and process multiple petabytes of data per day from billions of iOS devices. This platform helps to enrich maps data, real-time traffic information, and personalized suggestions to name a few. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to join the Maps Foundation services team. In this position, you will work on challenging big data problems involving real-time, high volume, and low latency processing of crowdsourced geospatial and temporal data.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Equivalent.
Data analysis and visualization experience as a tool to drive business objectives.
* Experience with building web UI and tooling.