- Network Deployment Engineer II, Amazon Dedicated Cloud - Merrifield, VA
- Network Deployment Engineer II, Amazon Dedicated Cloud - Woodbridge, VA
- Senior Amazon Dedicated Cloud Engineer, S3 and Glacier ADC Engineering - Vienna, VA
- Network Deployment Engineer II, Amazon Dedicated Cloud - Great Falls, VA
- Network Deployment Engineer II, Amazon Dedicated Cloud - Leesburg, VA
Do you buy on Amazon, but go elsewhere to watch product videos before you buy? Do you watch product reviews, unboxing videos, and product comparison videos before you decide to buy? Do you follow influencers on other platforms and make purchase decisions inspired by their recommendations? Video has taken on an increasingly central role in online shopping by enabling shoppers to experience products before they buy. We are the team that is focused on ensuring that our shoppers don’t have to go anywhere else to get the video content they need to make confident and better informed purchasing decisions on Amazon.com (https://amazon.com/) (https://amazon.com/) – we are Amazon Shopping Videos (ASV).
Amazon Shopping Videos (ASV) is a new strategic program that leverages the potential of video to help millions of customers find product inspiration, learn more about products they are interested in, and interact with great creators and their communities every day across the globe. We enable customers to find relevant content and explore our vast library of product focused videos on our home experiences across desktop, mobile, and throughout their shopping journey on Amazon. We are very much a startup within Amazon aiming to reinvent the way customers use video to shop, and we are looking for motivated, thoughtful self-starters who can partner effectively with our product development teams to drive innovation.
Regular and Reduced Time (F, R)* jobs based in Colorado and remote jobs where work can be performed in Colorado: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,000 – $194,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. FEE in the team, you will be responsible for proposing and implementing a user experience (UX) for video widgets on the Amazon retail website. You will be part of design decisions to build re-usable components using the latest technologies and if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
A day in the life
Focused on creating scalable shopping experiences with video. Interacting with Sr. Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers and partner teams. Using a variety of technologies, own features end-to-end, and help re-invent video experience on Amazon.
Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility. You will disambiguate complex business requirements, invent and simplify as necessary and build elegant and scalable solutions. Work closely with internal (within our group) and external stakeholders (all of the Amazon retail organization) to design and implement systems. Establish a deep understanding of product strategy, technical design and implementation details to represent your team’s capabilities to partner teams across Amazon so that they can utilize video in their experiences.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Math or related field with 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
- Experience with MVC frameworks Spring MVC, AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
- Exposure to Module design pattern and ability to make changes to library/framework code.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
- Able to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
- Understand how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Expected salary: $143000 – 194000 per year USD
Job date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 07:02:46 GMT