- Machine Learning Engineer - Recommendation - Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
- Frontend Engineer - Apple Media Products Editorial Media - Seattle, WA
- Software Engineer (Swift) - Apple Media Products, Tools - Seattle, WA
- Client & Data Test Engineer, Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
- Software Engineer (Media Processing), Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Want to own the platform that enables the next generation of intelligent experiences on Apple products & services? In Apple’s Machine Learning Platform team we have built the platform that Apple uses for developing machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision applications. As a senior software engineer on our team, you are responsible for designing & building software systems that are part of this platform. Our platform is built using a variety of systems and services, from bare metal to managed infrastructure services, and everything in between. We use existing systems when possible, but do not shy away from rolling components ourselves. As a team, we have a variety of technical backgrounds, from machine learning PhDs to building large-scale production systems. We exemplify a team of nerdy, pragmatic, proficient, product-focused engineers. Want to join us?
* Proven experience in delivering distributed systems and services in a production setting.
* Proven experiences using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks.
* Strong software development skills, with proficiency in relevant languages (ex. Go, Python, Java, Scala, C++).
* Creative, collaborative, and product-focused.
* A passion for making simple, robust, and scalable platforms used by other engineering teams.
As a senior software engineer on Platform Architecture – ML Platform team you have the following responsibilities: • Own the architecture, design, development, and operations of large-scale systems designed for machine learning. These may include, but are not limited to, data management systems, data engineering workflow systems, distributed compute systems, and their web portal & web service components. • Partner with data scientists and machine learning engineers across different Apple organizations to define high-impact product features and deliver them with quality. In this role, you are building the platform upon which other teams will develop data pipelines and machine learning applications. • Lead a group of engineers to deliver high-quality products/services. Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and apply them in the job. During the process, support junior engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities. Additional Requirements for success in this role: • Proficiency with data pipelines in Hadoop/Spark or streaming system. • Ability to design and build efficient scalable data storage and retrieval systems. • Effective collaboration with engineering teams; you will work cross-functionally across multiple teams. • Experience with operating production systems (monitoring, alarming, problem diagnosis). • Experience with data visualization is a plus.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science with 4+ years of experience