- South Gloucestershire - OT - Community £32 p/h - Gloucestershire
- South Gloucestershire - QSW - Hospital £ 30 p/hr - Gloucestershire
- Team Manager- Children with Care Team - South Gloucestershire – £41 per hour - Gloucestershire
- South Gloucestershire- OT - Community £32p/hr - Gloucestershire
- Social Worker - LongTerm CP -South Gloucestershire - Gloucestershire
South Gloucestershire Council
How you’ll make a difference
The Access Team sits within the Front Door of our Integrated Children’s Service. Our social workers make a real difference. Every day they work with families to help children and young people who have had a difficult start in life achieve their ambitions. They listen to young people and put them at the heart of all that they do. They work in partnership with families, equipping them with the skills they need to ensure young people live in happy, healthy and safe homes.
We have a strong culture of giving staff the time, freedom and support to explore new and better ways of doing things, so we’re looking for individuals keen to use their creativity to deliver high quality, child-centred practices, which ensure the best outcomes for children and families.
If you are looking for an office based role to practice your social work in a fast paced environment, this will be an ideal team for you.
What will you be doing?
- You will be office based (or home based subject national and local working guidance) and will be triaging referrals coming into the team regarding children & young people with welfare concerns.
- In this non-caseholding role, you will also be applying threshold for Universal Service, Early Help and Social Care in a rapid and timely manner.
- You will be dealing with professionals and parents daily by telephone.
What we need from you
- You will be a qualified social worker with relevant registration to practice and a good understanding of asset and strengths based approaches to social work
- You’ll be a problem solver, confident about making important decisions, underpinned by a genuine passion to work collaboratively with children, young people and families to meet their goals and aspirations
- You’ll welcome challenge and embrace change and be innovative, positive and dedicated.
- You will be well versed in dealing with professionals and parents daily by telephone.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We invest in the careers of our people and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps our people make the greatest long-term difference in their work.
A career at South Gloucestershire is an opportunity for you to progress when you are ready.
Any post can become any social worker grade, be it at initial recruitment or through internal progression, our grades are:
- Social Worker £30,095 – £32,798
- Advanced Social Worker £34,373 – £37,568
- Senior Social Worker £38,553 – £41,591
We have a fluid career progression programme and structure, what does this mean for you?
- You no longer need to wait for a vacancy to gain promotion.
- Apply for progression assessment when you are ready, no restrictions on application windows.
- Earn a higher income for your recognised experience.
- Gain promotion without needing to change teams, managers or employer – fast track your potential.
- Senior roles leading to both managerial or practice specialist careers.
- Gain experience in other teams with secondment opportunities encouraged.
This post attract a gross lump sum £3,000 ‘recruitment payment’ offered to enable Social Workers who have already successfully completed their ASYE to join our permanent workforce. This is payable upon successful completion of your probationary period (after approximately 3-6 months) and is subject to eligibility criteria. These posts are also eligible for the annual £3,000 ‘retention payment’, payable in November annually to those with two years’ service with the council in Integrated Children’s Services In an eligible post, inclusive of any ASYE period.
We also provide up to £8,000 relocation package, , flexible working and a suite of
We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance.
We have invested in the technology and support to enable staff to work seamlessly from home so we can ensure we are keeping staff safe during Covid-19. For those staff who may need to work in the office we have also ensured that our offices and hubs are Covid secure; and have measures in place such as socially distanced work stations and hand sanitizer stations throughout our premises.
We are currently working remotely, as we provide a service to our customers from the council offices. It is expected that you will return to the usual place of work in line with governmental guidance and local council policy in the future.
We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
More information about our wider Children’s Service can be found at
Apply now with your CV and your personal statement, and a member of the team will be in contact with you to progress your application as a social worker here at South Gloucestershire Council.
Please note submissions will be reviewed weekly and interview panels take place every Friday morning via Microsoft Teams video link. Therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as positions may be appointed to ahead of the advertised closing date.
If you have any specific questions, our Recruitment Advisor is happy to assist, email email@example.com
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Expected salary: £30095 – 32798 per year GBP
Job date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 06:49:16 GMT