- Integration Specialist - Madison, WI
- NET web Developer - Madison, WI
- NET Web Developer - Madison, WI
- Project Manager - Madison, WI
Certified Microsoft .Net Web Developer IV PD
Under the general supervision of the Solution Delivery Manager in the Division of Administrative Services and Technology of the DFI (Department of Financial Institutions), and as a member of the DFI’s Solution Delivery Team, this position functions as an application development specialist. The primary responsibility is to provide application development and maintenance support activities for the department. This position ensures the development of efficient system operations across a variety of technical and information system areas. This position is responsible for all systems development life cycle (SDLC) activities including research, analysis, evaluation, planning, development, implementation and delivery of automated solutions for DFI. Responsibilities also include identifying and recommending potential Internet/Intranet applications, assuring compliance with DFI’s application and web site standards, and mentoring less senior application developers.
Objectives and Tasks
Analysis and design of complex new systems and maintenance or enhancements to existing systems.
- Interview prospective system clients to document existing systems and procedures and to define new or revised system requirements.
- Analyze system design and platform alternatives and prepare general system design documentation including flowcharts, forms, reports, and processes.
- Prepare feasibility reports showing the cost benefits of the various alternatives. Present these reports to both client and IT management
- Create detailed project plans and estimates for design, programming, testing, and implementation tasks.
- Write functional requirements documents defining business and technical system requirements.
- Review detailed design specifications to assure the integrity and accuracy of the specifications.
- Write technical specifications for complex programs that other team members will code.
- Identify technical and application alternatives to meet specifications and recommend most efficient, maintainable, and cost-effective solution.
- Analyze existing systems and modify as needed to improve system performance.
- Evaluate impact on existing systems of new and proposed State and Federal regulation changes.
- Respond to clients’ needs for assistance and correct system production problems with appropriate timeliness.
- Assist in problem resolution, support and diagnosis for databases and the systems using
Development and testing of complex new computer systems and maintenance or enhancements to existing systems.
- Review system design specifications or project requests to understand requirements and prepare detailed estimates of required resources.
- Code, test, and debug (or facilitate the coding, testing, and debugging of) complex computer systems, utilizing DFI’s current development tools, in compliance with current development standards, procedures, and policies.
- Plan and design integration, system, and/or client acceptance testing to ensure that systems function together correctly and meet client requirements. Coordinate testing with operations and business staff.
- Prepare and/or update (or facilitate the preparation and/or updating of) documentation, in accordance with current standards, to provide programmers with information required to understand and maintain the systems and/or procedures.
- Develop deployment documentation to thoroughly test systems, procedures; and production implementations.
- Conduct training of clients and appropriate IT staff to ensure a thorough understanding of the application system.
- Redesign and rewrite current systems for maximum efficiency, taking advantage of new utilities, data structures, and software.
- Model and document database structures to meet the system requirements.
- Develop data extracts and data conversion routines to transmit data to outside parties and other application systems.
Lead Efforts to Implement DFI Application Development Standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of development standards, procedures, and policies to be used in agency application development activities.
- Ensure applications are documented following current standards and procedures to provide development staff with the information required to understand and maintain the system and/or procedures.
- Orient new employees to DFI standards, development languages, utilities, procedures, and major application areas.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of appropriate security and privacy protection procedures working with other DFI staff.
- Read, review and comment on proposed programming standards, position papers, peer products, and trade journals.
- Research and monitor emerging technology, software and other information to consider for DFI
Knowledge /Skills/Ability (KSA):
- Knowledge of systems development practices and principles.
- Knowledge of systems analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of cost benefit analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of object oriented principles and design patterns.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Problem determination and resolution skills.
- Knowledge of web-enabled and e-commerce applications.
- Knowledge of client/server and Internet concepts, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET Web Forms.
- Expert knowledge of .Net technologies including C# , ASP.NET MVC and Core
- Working knowledge of Database Modeling/Design.
- Expert Working knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Knowledge of Agile- Scrum
Top Required Skills & Years of Experience:
– 8 + years of ASP.NET CORE and ASP.Net Web Forms with strong UI design skills
– Strong SQL query skillset
– WCF Web Services and Web APIs
– SQL Server
– Creating custom reports
– Financial Applications or Financial ERP system experience
– Proven ability to work independently
Nice to Have:
– Scrum team experience
Additional Details: Certifications are not required for this position. This is a Repost of 108260 and 109174. Candidates MUST have a strong SQL query skillset and exhibit independent working skillset.
Job date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:51:06 GMT