- RWS | Theatrical Stitcher - New York City, NY
- RWS - Portfolio Manager, Strategy Division - DR-0801-02, General Engineer or DR-1515-02, Operations Research Analyst - Valparaiso, FL
- Case Manager Registered Nurse (RW - Cooke, Grayson, Fannin Counties) - The Health Plan - Houston, TX
- Maple Lawn SAT Math & RW Teacher - Fulton, MD
- Pilot RW Regional Relief - PacWest - Phoenix, AZ
Location: Full Remote, USA
RWS Holdings plc is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of their innovations.
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and market access challenges through our collective global intelligence, deep expertise, and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market (RWS.L).
For further information, please visit:
About The Role:
QA Engineer with experience testing complex desktop and web applications (back-end, integration between various services, API testing). Opportunity for growth.
We are looking for a motivated QA Engineer who will orchestrate the manual and automated software testing process of our premier PDF formatting software. You will work as part of a distributed agile team and as part of RWS’s global DevOps organization. Our XPP software is utilized by some of the largest corporations, government branches and military agencies across the world! Read more about XPP and the Contenta Publishing Suite on our website:
Requirements and Responsibilities
- 3-5 years of experience as a QA engineer testing complex desktop and web applications
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.)
- Linux proficiency
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum)
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum)
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills comfortable working as part of distributed team
- Ability to learn and tackle new or unfamiliar technologies and methodologies
- Degree in computer science or related field
As a plus
- Docker container experience a plus
- Cloud platform experience a plus (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools (Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab, etc.)
- Experience with the set up and design of test projects from scratch
- Experience in publishing or content management
- Experience with setting the secure Web Servers
- Experience with performance monitoring tools
- Support the existing manual and automated test framework
- Perform manual testing of new features in multiple platforms
- Support existing Perl automation scripts
- Do functional UI testing of different features
- Perform API testing (REST) using Postman or similar tools
- Help executing Performance or/and Load testing
- Perform regression testing
- Prepare test environment by installing and configuring the software under the test on existing VMs (Windows, Linux). Continuously keep the test environment up to date with the latest builds
- Test back-end part of services as well as integration between various services
- Contribute ideas on how to update and modernize existing testing tools and frameworks
- Bug reporting and bug tracking (JIRA)
- Create detailed test cases for new features in TestRail. Update existing test cases
- Document on Confluence how to work with/configure new features, services, etc. Keep updating existing How-To pages
- Achieve goals as part of a Scrum team to deliver functionality, enhancements, and fixes
- Continuously collaborate with the team. Work closely with QA Manager, keep QA Manager updated with the status of testing
- Follow existing QA Best practices during day-to-day activities
Life at RWS – We work hard together to deliver for our customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human touch
As a company focused on connecting people through language, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we are committed in ensuring that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes teamwork, diversity, and trust. All employees have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the inclusion of all – any form of discrimination is expressly prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital status, gender identity or disability are taken into consideration.
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination this is against RWS company policy, and we will adhere to the highest standard.
RWS is an Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, and disability status. For more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit:
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.
Job date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 22:20:40 GMT