- DISH Installation Technician - Field - Cat Spring, TX
- DISH Installation Technician - Field - Columbus, TX
- DISH Installation Technician - Field - Columbia, TN
- Dish Room Associate - Naperville, IL
- Dish Room Associate - Elburn, IL
DISH is transforming the future of In-Home-Services for Dish Satellite, Smart Home Devices and Security equipment Installation within its OnTech Smart Services business line.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
IT Manager – Software Development will be working within the IHS IT(Workforce Management/Oracle Field Services) development team. This position is for the Dish Network corporate office at Meridian in the Denver Metro Area, CO. You will be working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment spanning the Workforce Management Systems(WFM) & Oracle Field Services(OFS) IT Development Team and broader Dish organizations.
As an “IT Manager – Software Development”, you will lead a group of high-performing software engineers who are passionate about problem solving, technology, and innovative product development. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding software development to successfully support future growth and initiatives for the organization. You will be responsible for the hiring, supervision, and retention of your team and for ensuring that they have the necessary support to consistently meet customer schedules and quality expectations. You will also lead by example in pushing yourself and the department to continuously find ways to improve and innovate our product, processes, and culture. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences Dish DBS/OnTech Technicians on field experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that engineering staff have access to the skills, tools, processes, etc. that they need to produce high-quality, on-time software that meets our customers’ expectations
- Coach and mentor your team in learning and expanding their expertise along their career path
- Recruit, retain, lead and inspire our engineering teams
- Deliver results on complex development projects involving teams across the company
- Collaborate with internal customers and company leadership to achieve higher level company objectives
- Communicate engineering team processes and priorities to stakeholders and customers as needed
- Work with customers to resolve business critical concerns
- Work with key vendors to manage relationships, quality of services levels, scheduling, contract review, and recommendations to leadership regarding any changes that may be required
- Work with business and project management teams to understand upcoming features and enhancements
- Write job descriptions, job postings, and panel interview documents to support needs of the team
- Write performance appraisals for team members, assist with goal setting and development plans for each team member
- Interface with Security, Architecture, and Platform teams to resolve issues and acquire approvals as needed to accomplish objectives for the team
- Attend after hours deployments as needed to support the team
- Attend and lead incident bridges involving the WFM team as required to support resolution of production incidents
- Coordinate and support offshore development teams and meetings with their management
- Work with Mobility Support team(s) to provide second level support for devices in the field as required
- Work with the development team to maintain and support externally exposed APIs to our partners
- Ensure that delivery teams are resourced and supported in order to meet the prioritized needs of the department
- Clearly communicate schedule and quality expectations and ensure that teams are operating efficiently
- Instill, strengthen, and maintain a culture centered on continuous improvement and agility
- Build and promote a work environment for high performance that is highly Agile, Collaborative and team centric
- Resolve employee conflicts through creative means to assure employee support and accountability to timely and quality project execution
Skills – Experience and Requirements
Qualifications: A successful “IT Manager – Software Development” will have:
- A track record of “followership” – people want to work for and with you.
- Experience leading teams through the full software development life cycle including managing cross functional project teams (Dev, QE and Automation).
- Expected to demonstrate great understanding and excellence with all parts of the Software Development Lifecycle with common backend implementations including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Architecture, Development, Testing, Release, and Production Support.
- Proven track record of hiring, growing and nurturing cohesive, high performing development teams.
- Ability to work with external partners, cross functional teams and internal partners.
- 3+ years of personal hands on software development experience working on systems level software.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and leading teams developing enterprise products in a high-growth, fast-paced system software engineering company.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum and with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Ability to motivate yourself and others, prioritize your own work, and adapt and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Skills : You will stand out if you have:
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services – AWS Preferred
- Development experience working with Web Framework Technologies like React, Angular
- SQL Server
- Configuration, implementation, and customization experience with Oracle Field Service
- IntelliJ, Eclipse
- API, REST, RESTful Design
- SOAP, JSON, XML
- Maven/Ant/Gradle Scripting, ADB tools
- Basic Linux administration, Artifactory, Rally/JIRA, Rancher, Git
- Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD Pipelines
- AWS Infrastructure Knowledge
Job date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 22:44:28 GMT